Star, SQ2, or Craviotto !!

rwm5

Reaction score
Catch us up here, guys. I think I missed something. MapexAlways, Tribulation was your band? Was that NY/NJ/CT area? Did I see you at Studio 1 or Streets? That would be amazing! I like the tracks very much. Great versatility. Sounds like you guys were having a lot of fun, which is absolutely the most important part.
He mentioned it in a very early post in this thread, when there was a wealth of negativity being tossed his way. Link to post

And yes to Jersey. Would be cool if you saw them!

Mapex Always

Reaction score
Catch us up here, guys. I think I missed something. MapexAlways, Tribulation was your band? Was that NY/NJ/CT area? Did I see you at Studio 1 or Streets? That would be amazing! I like the tracks very much. Great versatility. Sounds like you guys were having a lot of fun, which is absolutely the most important part.
Yes my good man , the guitar player and I “toured” under the name “Bad Influence” for a while at Connections , Changes , Worlds Stage , Escapades , Something Different , etc …. And when we formed “Tribulation” we were all over the place CT/NJ/PA/NY/DE etc ,, and Studio 1 was like a weekly event for 2 years.

Thank you for the kind words ,, it was an amazing time , very good chance you may of saw us …. We did a small “popular” tour around them parts with I believe Hurricane.

For anyone that’s interested , I read some of the descriptions under those videos , and I was like , sounds like this person knew what the songs were about, and then they threw up a “God bless” , and I was like , this sounds like my kind of people :) … Then I saw the name, and I’m like this is my bass player from back in the day!! I haven’t talk to him in decades , pretty cool stuff!

Last edited:

Mapex Always

Reaction score
Can’t wait til they arrive :) ,, I believe they will be the first of the 4 rigs to show up … not including the LP rig.

13 x 9 tom Walnut with Walnut inlay diamond lugs maple reinforcement rings triple flanged hoops 45° bearing edges top and bottom with Craviotto tom mount Custom Craviotto drumheads top and bottom.

16 x 14 floor Walnut with Walnut inlay diamond lugs maple reinforcement rings triple flanged hoops 45° bearing edges top and bottom Craviotto floor tom legs and brackets Custom Craviotto drumheads top and bottom.

24 x 15 bass Walnut with Walnut inlays diamond lugs maple reinforcement rings maple wood hoops with Walnut inlays Craviotto drum spikes Clear batter head Custom white front/reso head.

15 x 6 snare Walnut with “double” Walnut inlays diamond lugs maple reinforcement rings Maple wood hoops with walnuts inlays custom trick Craviotto throw off and wires Craviotto heads top and bottom.

14 x 7 Mapex Panther Solidus auxiliary snare 11 ply 1 inch thick maple.

Remo double bass drum patch.

Remo 15” and 14” diplomat Fiberskyn snare batter side heads.

Tama round rider XL throne red.

DW 9000 single tom stand.

4 Mapex Falcon boom stands.

Mapex Falcon Hi Hat stand.

Mapex Falcon double pedal.

2 Mapex Falcon snare stands.

Zildjian K Constantinople medium ride 22”

Zildjian K Constantinople Hi Hat’s 14”

Zildjian K Constantinople crash 16”

Zildjian K Constantinople crash 18”

Zildjian A Ultra Hammered Brilliant China 21”

….. And a pair of drumsticks ,, Actually I made that part up, I don’t know if they’re sending me a pair of drumsticks :)

Mapex Always

Reaction score
Adding a drum to the Tama Star Bubinga SY kit order ,, 13” x 10” rack tom ,, yes I always get the best deal :) ,, but I have a question here , and my guy isn’t around to check his list for a week , and my other 2 guys lol don’t have the new Tama map price list …. The map price with inlay on this drum for 2021 is $1285, without inlay it’s $1174, the LIST price for 2022 with inlay is $2230, does anybody have any clue what the map price would be on that drum with inlay based on the evidence I gave above? Any help would be appreciated.. thanks

Side note , David from Craviotto Drums is absolutely awesome!

Mapex Always

Reaction score
roughly $1338....... but you aren't paying map on anything...... or are you ??? :huh:
Sooooo needed that answer! Thank you fellow drummer! .… oh no no no , that’s where all my Wheeling and dealing starts :) … And I had no real Starting point till just now , thank you and God bless.

Matched Gripper

DFO Master
Reaction score
30 pages? Can somebody sum this up for me in a few sentences or do I really need to start on the first page?
It will be a fun read! In sum the OP ordered some very high end drum sets and is sharing his experience as the drums come in, while also sharing his position that his Mapex drums are the best built, designed and sounding drums available at any price, which, as you can imagine, has been met with some skepticism, and sarcasm. You won’t be bored.

Matched Gripper

DFO Master
Reaction score
Can’t wait til they arrive :) ,, I believe they will be the first of the 4 rigs to show up … not including the LP rig.

13 x 9 tom Walnut with Walnut inlay diamond lugs maple reinforcement rings triple flanged hoops 45° bearing edges top and bottom with Craviotto tom mount Custom Craviotto drumheads top and bottom.

16 x 14 floor Walnut with Walnut inlay diamond lugs maple reinforcement rings triple flanged hoops 45° bearing edges top and bottom Craviotto floor tom legs and brackets Custom Craviotto drumheads top and bottom.

24 x 15 bass Walnut with Walnut inlays diamond lugs maple reinforcement rings maple wood hoops with Walnut inlays Craviotto drum spikes Clear batter head Custom white front/reso head.

15 x 6 snare Walnut with “double” Walnut inlays diamond lugs maple reinforcement rings Maple wood hoops with walnuts inlays custom trick Craviotto throw off and wires Craviotto heads top and bottom.

14 x 7 Mapex Panther Solidus auxiliary snare 11 ply 1 inch thick maple.

Remo double bass drum patch.

Remo 15” and 14” diplomat Fiberskyn snare batter side heads.

Tama round rider XL throne red.

DW 9000 single tom stand.

4 Mapex Falcon boom stands.

Mapex Falcon Hi Hat stand.

Mapex Falcon double pedal.

2 Mapex Falcon snare stands.

Zildjian K Constantinople medium ride 22”

Zildjian K Constantinople Hi Hat’s 14”

Zildjian K Constantinople crash 16”

Zildjian K Constantinople crash 18”

Zildjian A Ultra Hammered Brilliant China 21”

….. And a pair of drumsticks ,, Actually I made that part up, I don’t know if they’re sending me a pair of drumsticks :)
You’re buying 5 K Cons sight unseen and unheard? You do live dangerously!

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will be a fun read! In sum the OP ordered some very high end drum sets and is sharing his experience as the drums come in, while also sharing his position that his Mapex drums are the best built, designed and sounding drums available at any price, which, as you can imagine, has been met with some skepticism, and sarcasm. You won’t be bored.

My favorite part is where someone sarcastically comments about his "Lambo" assuming the OP is just making all this up. Then OP post pics of his Lambo, lol. I honestly didn't know what to think myself at first. But Mapex Always has come through with some cool pictures of his gear, and we got to hear his old band from back in the early 90s, so that was awesome too.