header.nohb.html

Star, SQ2, or Craviotto !!

T_Weaves

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
^^^ , come on guys that drum model post was great! Lol

@T_Weaves ,, I knew you would love the Versatus because of an earlier post that you had put somewhere on this forum ,, check out those arms they’re fantastic on those toms! :)
Yep, I'd go for those over the Pearls. I can't past those Pearl tom mounts/arms. They're pretty though. I hope to see a used Cherry Bomb kit come up for sale someday. I don't mind the Design Lab tom arms.

Mapex Always

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
For those reading a bit back , I was able to find those discontinued sticks in both wood and nylon tip - yay!!

F2E27B06-586C-412E-9CFE-FD862D9D2E7F.jpeg

CA3A2BB5-07B2-48F7-AD68-A868CA16FF3C.jpeg

Three more weeks till that matching Masterworks snare drum shows up!! Can’t wait :)

Gunnellett

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
For those reading a bit back , I was able to find those discontinued sticks in both wood and nylon tip - yay!!

View attachment 584839

View attachment 584838

Three more weeks till that matching Masterworks snare drum shows up!! Can’t wait :)
Awesome!

You wouldn't happen to have any Promark MJZ-11's hanging around that you do not plan to use do you? They are my all time favorite sticks but unfortunately they have been discontinued. I'm down to my last pair. :(

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mapex Always

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Awesome!

You wouldn't happen to have any Promark MJZ-11's hanging around that you do not plan to use do you? They are my all time favorite sticks but unfortunately they have been discontinued. I'm down to my last pair. :(

Hey I gave your stick information to my drum tech at Richies music center ,, He’s looking into seeing if he can find you that particular stick anywhere , even though it’s discontinued. Or a replacement stick that’s comparable in diameter length wood type and tip. That’s one thin stick! :)

As we’re waiting for the “last” 3 drum finishes to arrive ,, I picked one drum from each kit , to check out the looks!

50757B85-52F6-484D-A657-2C1600553D93.jpeg

17427F12-43C5-4F7F-BD9F-4DE385CB31D8.jpeg

180195A8-9794-4D20-B829-E1096C43A516.jpeg

CE452D42-9597-483D-B412-7EC649535ED0.jpeg

…. Fun :)

Gunnellett

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hey I gave your stick information to my drum tech at Richies music center ,, He’s looking into seeing if he can find you that particular stick anywhere , even though it’s discontinued. Or a replacement stick that’s comparable in diameter length wood type and tip. That’s one thin stick! :)

As we’re waiting for the “last” 3 drum finishes to arrive ,, I picked one drum from each kit , to check out the looks!

View attachment 585043

View attachment 585040

View attachment 585042

View attachment 585041

…. Fun :)
Thank you so much!

And oh what beautiful eye candy!

Mapex Always

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think they have to ban me , I can’t stop playing the drums , taking pictures of them and posting the pics lol

But anyway , the Masterworks is completely tweaked , tuned and I added the Versatus snare ,,, every time I walk by this set I smile , then sit down , then play :)

3F4AE5D0-8E24-4E2D-8A03-CA0F08E6DB8E.jpeg

rsmittee

Reaction score
I don't know how you actually get anything else done. I have a hard enough time doing the things I need to do with the pull of the drums ever present, and I don't have anything quite as pretty as those Pearls. Do you ever leave the house? LOL

Mapex Always

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Guys help me out here, there was a Noble & Cooley thread started by our very own @GretschMan61 , And I wanted to cut and paste what I put there and stick it in this new Noble & Cooley thread so people would stop coming down on the company :) and understand how business works ,, but I cannot find that thread?? Where did it go??

A&F Drum Company has the best customer service in the business ,, Once again they pull through in a millisecond. I wanted to high tension one of their drums to the highest limits of high tensions :) and I blew out one of those raw brass claws on the raw steel snare ,, Got in touch with brother Rob and he sent me 12 of them for free no matter how hard I tried to give them money for it!

The Mapex Versatus is the most amazingly sensitive snare I’ve ever played.

Had my drum tech over for 4 hours to tune every single lug on every single drum - stick and hand - guy is a brilliant machine ,, Sounds ridiculously amazing!

I want to end with this, at this very moment in my life , over the past year, this is by far the most fun I have ever had with drums (and I’ve had a lot of fun with drums in my life) since my first band Bad Influence. And a lot of it has to do with having a community that likes to share in the same experiences , thank you DFO.

Steech

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys help me out here, there was a Noble & Cooley thread started by our very own @GretschMan61 , And I wanted to cut and paste what I put there and stick it in this new Noble & Cooley thread so people would stop coming down on the company :) and understand how business works ,, but I cannot find that thread?? Where did it go??

A&F Drum Company has the best customer service in the business ,, Once again they pull through in a millisecond. I wanted to high tension one of their drums to the highest limits of high tensions :) and I blew out one of those raw brass claws on the raw steel snare ,, Got in touch with brother Rob and he sent me 12 of them for free no matter how hard I tried to give them money for it!

The Mapex Versatus is the most amazingly sensitive snare I’ve ever played.

Had my drum tech over for 4 hours to tune every single lug on every single drum - stick and hand - guy is a brilliant machine ,, Sounds ridiculously amazing!

I want to end with this, at this very moment in my life , over the past year, this is by far the most fun I have ever had with drums (and I’ve had a lot of fun with drums in my life) since my first band Bad Influence. And a lot of it has to do with having a community that likes to share in the same experiences , thank you DFO.
I’m envious of you with your beautiful Masterworks kit. My rep just told me that mine is still 2 months out. That’ll make it one full year.

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging

That…is a good question. I will be interested to know what the answer is.

Matched Gripper

DFO Master
Reaction score
The 3 current original sets waiting for the 4 other’s to arrive …

LP hand / stick percussion set … love to play!

View attachment 584536

View attachment 584537

The Orion … my fav!

View attachment 584538

View attachment 584539

View attachment 584540

The Versatus … a perfectly systemic machine … nothing like it.

View attachment 584541

View attachment 584542

View attachment 584543

And then the first arrival of the final 4 ….. I did say these final 4 are models ,, right? I hope I said that in advance ,, anyway here’s model number 1 , set number 4 :)

View attachment 584544
The Lambo is a Match Box car, right? Knew it all along!

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Thread was deleted at the request of the author, much for the same reason as what you said.

Mapex Always

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
2F8F5E9B-B7E5-4B88-875E-34AF277DB6FE.jpeg

I’m a big fan of stick bags, I run three different ones, a Paiste a DW and Ahead.

To the right of that beautiful Ludwig 14” x 8” Black Beauty is the Ahead bag.

To The left of that bag is 6 brand new A&F raw brass claws along with 4 Gibraltar bass drum hoop protectors.

I said I would post pics of the new ,, and even though you can’t see them , they are there :)

Also you will notice to the left of the bass drum , the empty Falcon snare drum stand, which is waiting for the Pearl Masterwork’s 13” x 5” 20 ply even ply snare drum to arrive ,, That way I could drop that bad boy behind the Pearl set, and put the Versatus 14” x 4.58” snare drum back in its rightful spot, which is , that empty Falcon snare stand :)

notINtheband

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
@Mapex Always Man do I love your posts.
Curious, I see all the photos of the kits and gear in various stages of set-up.
Do you have a dedicated drum space in your home, or adjacent to? Or do you put kits in various rooms and homes?
Ever considered a dedicated structure to house all your drum gear? Like @Bandit drum barn?
Keep the photos and updates coming.
My favorite DFO thread.

Mapex Always

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Do you have a dedicated drum space in your home, or adjacent to? Or do you put kits in various rooms and homes?
Ever considered a dedicated structure to house all your drum gear? Like @Bandit drum barn?
My favorite DFO thread.

My brother thank you for such awesome words!

My 7 main set ups are in my primary location ,, 3000 square foot floor , acoustically treated (to my spec) , bottom story of four. Much like my audio room , built inside the side of a mountain. My other locations are essentially drum-less right now.

The drum floor is totally dedicated ,, but no one’s topping @Bandit for 2 reasons - did you see that place ,, and he’s running 90% Mapex - how is Craviotto , Sonor , Pearl and Tama suppose to compete with that :)

- although I do have this!

9083D58A-6B05-4065-9588-DFEE9964AEC0.jpeg

Mapex Always

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My favorite DFO thread.

I have a question for you my good man ,, your essentially a gigging maniac , today’s category of a professional ,, making money and highly reliable ,, Do you ever take time during the week to sit down behind one of your three drum sets , or is it four, not to practice , but to just play (jam) for yourself ?? To just enjoy the instrument.