Star, SQ2, or Craviotto !!

Mapex Always

Reaction score
It means a sudden 360 degree change of mentality towards someone or something by someone.
Thanks buddy how on earth would you know that … I think it was simply my intent wasn’t one way or the other I didn’t wanna bother trying to figure out how to post pictures and I didn’t want to post them for the wrong reasons, I ended up posting them for three reasons after learning how to do it. Number one it seemed as if houndog was sincerely asking Number two JDA Seemed to calm things down and seemed like he had my back for a moment so I figured he was a moderator and I figured I would just make things easier for him by posting some pictures and number three I wanted to start another thread to truly help someone or make someone excited or happy or whatever the case may be and I figured everyone over here thought I was working for MAPEX and the only way to show that it’s not the case was to put some pictures up. Hope that all makes sense.

Reactions: JDA

Mapex Always

Reaction score
Do I spy a pair of chrome Landing Gear forks in the background…???
This right here made every picture worth it!! Absolutely awesome brother! So beyond proud of you! Best post ever! I’m a BMX nut!! I had Dave Mirra Ryan Nyquist Jamie Bestwick and Stu Thompson all make me custom bikes LOL

gbow

Very well Known Member
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, you need to spend some money on a house! Lambo owners need at least a 6 bay garage filled with toys! And not bays you have to shoehorn a car into!

And you shouldn't have to learn how to post pictures, or take pictures, don't you have a drum tech for that?

gabo

musiqman

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks buddy how on earth would you know that … I think it was simply my intent wasn’t one way or the other I didn’t wanna bother trying to figure out how to post pictures and I didn’t want to post them for the wrong reasons, I ended up posting them for three reasons after learning how to do it. Number one it seemed as if houndog was sincerely asking Number two JDA Seemed to calm things down and seemed like he had my back for a moment so I figured he was a moderator and I figured I would just make things easier for him by posting some pictures and number three I wanted to start another thread to truly help someone or make someone excited or happy or whatever the case may be and I figured everyone over here thought I was working for MAPEX and the only way to show that it’s not the case was to put some pictures up. Hope that all makes sense.
Thanks to my kids, and being generally (too) active on social media :lol:

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful beautiful nice..nice.

"More Car Pic please" ( at least one !

Mapex Always

Reaction score
Dude, you need to spend some money on a house! Lambo owners need at least a 6 bay garage filled with toys! And not bays you have to shoehorn a car into!

And you shouldn't have to learn how to post pictures, or take pictures, don't you have a drum tech for that?

gabo
You don’t wanna get me started on my houses :) I do have a drum guy actually he’s awesome! And that Lambo sits perfectly plugged right in to the wall in that Beautiful four car garage :)

gbow

Very well Known Member
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don’t wanna get me started on my houses :) I do have a drum guy actually he’s awesome! And that Lambo sits perfectly plugged right in to the wall in that Beautiful four car garage :)
As long as you're happy in your frugality, to each his own.

gabo

notINtheband

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This right here made every picture worth it!! Absolutely awesome brother! So beyond proud of you! Best post ever! I’m a BMX nut!! I had Dave Mirra Ryan Nyquist Jamie Bestwick and Stu Thompson all make me custom bikes LOL
I have a bmx connection as well.
I was the head cycling coach for Lindsey Wilson College from 2008-2014. I coached several world class athletes including 2-time Olympian Danny (Easy Money) Caluag.
Danny also won a collegiate National Championship for me and at my retirement party presented me with his jersey.
59A62571-1F74-47A8-AB1A-9619BDC56ED4.jpeg
83CF8D26-347A-497E-AC2C-20BC2536B90B.jpeg
FD2BB0F6-5119-4195-8F19-3CCD64DCBB88.jpeg

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a bmx connection as well.
I was the head cycling coach for Lindsey Wilson College from 2008-2014. I coached several world class athletes including 2-time Olympian Danny (Easy Money) Caluag.
Danny also won a collegiate National Championship for me and at my retirement party presented me with his jersey.
View attachment 530004 View attachment 530005 View attachment 530006
That's what I love about this board. Such an incredible mix of exceptional people with all kinds of talents and backgrounds.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Mapex Always, I don't know what to say, other than you have some incredible toys! I'd love to see pics of all your new gear when it arrives. And the Lambo too!

Last edited:

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes you wonder if the people behind Sonor’s “rocket launcher” bass drum tom mount designed the Mapex.

While I’m sure it does the job exceedingly well, there are many tom mounts that also do. Gretsch’s mount for the Renown come to mind.

Either way, really nice kit.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks to my kids, and being generally (too) active on social media :lol:
In these parts, “flex” is slang for a show of status, power or wealth meant to make the flexer appear superior to an audience who do not have the same levels of the aforementioned.

AKA showing off.

I don’t really mind in this case, given that I’m a drummer and appreciate top notch gear. Especially when the SQ2 shows up.

Fwiw, I looked up the slang definition of flex just after typing my reply and I nailed it:

“Flex is a slang expression for showing off with your assets, be it physical, financial or mental; it is to boast with your superior position to others. People, who “flex” too much are considered rigidly arrogant, egocentric and exaggerated”

Remember this is a reference to another post that said “strange flex.” I’d have to agree.

jkuhl

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The magnet mounts are designed and produced by Randall May. They’re not an internal Mapex / KHS product.
As far as I know, KHS only handles the Asian made SONOR products. The rocket launcher I believe, is exclusive to German SONOR.,

Edit: I meant to quote "notintheband"

CC Cirillo

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks, NCN.

That explains it well. Magnets.

Designer with some palmares.

Kudos to Mapex for marketing outside of the box.

With new-design drum gear, I’m a relatively slow adopter, so I’ll check in on the concept again in five years.

It’s solving a problem that I didn’t know I even had, so I might not need the solution. I’d probably just move from Pinstripes to Ambassadors.

I still sharpen pencils with a carbon-blade pocket knife.

31477B3A-774B-482E-B34B-B29389F71F1D.jpeg