header.nohb.html

Status of Premier Drums

JohnnyVibesAZ

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just noticed on Reverb that a dealer by the name of Maxx Drums is selling new Premier snares and sets. I do know that Premier 'ain't what it used to be', as their craftsmen are now building drums for British Drum Company, and the new Premier drums are made in Asia. Does anyone know WHO owns the company, who distributes the products, and who the US dealers are? I don't know if there is a new company website out there or not.

HalldorL

DFO Master
Reaction score
I believe Gear4Music, a British on-line retailer owns Premier since last year.

bellbrass

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if British Drum Co. got the old Premier molds. They were undersized shells, right? I'm not a Premier expert, but i seem to remember reading that here somewhere.

mgdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I wonder if British Drum Co. got the old Premier molds. They were undersized shells, right? I'm not a Premier expert, but i seem to remember reading that here somewhere.
Pretty sure I saw that Keith built all new molds for BDC.

Drum Mer

DFO Master
Reaction score
Premier US got some new kits from Asia in last month I saw on the premier group.

The looked to be on the same par from the old ones. But I haven’t seen them up close.

flurbs

Reaction score
Rumour has it that the Premier tooling was left outside to the elements and then scrapped in by whomever ended up buying the building.

RogersLudwig

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
my post on another thread. "I got a quote on a custom order, which I can’t find the email, but it was around $2700 for a 20, 12, 14 Elite maple set to match a snare i have. And that didn’t include taxes or shipping, though I didn’t ask if it was shipping from Taiwan or the US dealer. Way too much for me."

Drum Mer

DFO Master
Reaction score
Well they did scavanged the whole building in the years that it was abandoned.

Now there is a nice super market and handy shop on the restructured grounds.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
all the years supplying the (queen) and the military (Royal Army) you'd have thought government could have stepped in to save/rescue/ prop em up; Now I think the Military uses .....?

Last edited:

dsop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe we can convince DW to buy the rights to the Premier name... and bring back the 70s line! Some of my favorite drums.
e94ab9a8dea8387d9a627b56e4897e70.jpg

Attachments

• Phil-Collins.jpg
    Phil-Collins.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 36

JohnnyVibesAZ

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Maybe we can convince DW to buy the rights to the Premier name... and bring back the 70s line! Some of my favorite drums.
e94ab9a8dea8387d9a627b56e4897e70.jpg

If that happens, Premier will be in limbo, just like Slingerland is, right now. Yes, the 70s lines were great. I still like the later-made, Signia-Genista drums the best, though.