Steambent Bubinga custom snare -- Special pricing for forum members

jeffh

Reaction score
Here's a rare opportunity, which I'm posting on two favorite forums for a limited time with special pricing for forum members. This great-looking solid steambent Bubinga 6.5x14 snare drum shell (with Bubinga re-rings) has a beautiful gloss finish and is ready for its build-out. It was intended as a demo at a trade show but missed the time window and now needs a home. It will be fitted out with our proprietary signature tube lugs (solid brass posts, polished stainless steel tubes), Trick multi strainer, Puresound wires, Evans G1/300 or equivalent, and either diecast or 2.3mm triple flange hoops. The hardware scheme could be brass/chrome, brass/black nickel, or chrome/chrome.

Regular street price of this completed drum is $900 USD with diecast hoops, or $850 with triple flange, but IT'S AVAILABLE TO FORUM MEMBERS AT 10% OFF until the end of this month. After that it goes into stock inventory at regular pricing.

Also available with shaped and inlaid wood hoops at an extra charge, if you prefer.

Another option, since snare beds have not yet been cut, is that it could be fitted out as a wonderful concert snare with Pearl SR500 Philharmonic strainer, triple cables, and gated diecast hoops for $1,100 minus the same 10% discount.

TERMS: Shipping is $40 to lower 48 states US. This drum is NOT AVAILABLE FOR SHIPPING TO ANY OTHER LOCATIONS. Purchase requires non-refundable down payment of 50% with the balance due when the drum is ready to ship (4 to 6 weeks). Payment by PayPal ONLY. North Carolina delivery requires 6.75% sales tax. To purchase, please contact me by PM on this forum -- first contact, first served.

1408-800.jpg

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Nice! Will it look similar to the snare on your home page? Do you have an all brass lug (or center tube that's brassy)? How many lugs will it be?

jeffh

Reaction score
Nice! Will it look similar to the snare on your home page? Do you have an all brass lug (or center tube that's brassy)? How many lugs will it be?
It could look like that, if the buyer opts for the brass/black nickel combination. I don't normally use brass tubes because they're relatively soft and the threading is more susceptible to long-term wear and tear.

As far as number of lugs, most of of our 14" drums get 10 lugs although we've used 8 lugs with triple flange hoops at times on special request. With bubinga, my recommendation would be 10 lugs and diecast hoops.

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I was going to ask that question as well, but being from a foreign country is a no go for me.

jeffh

Reaction score
Guys, I appreciate the interest in that, but it's not the business I'm in. I get lots of requests for components, but I really only sell completed drums. :)

And I can ship outside the US -- just not with Bubinga these days (or most of the rest of the Rosewood family).

Latest posts