Steely Dan Reelin' In The Years Cover

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Another excellent cover that sounds great. Looks like one of your favorite snares too (off hand I don't remember some of the others with a head that marked up)!!!

kaide

Reaction score
Another excellent cover that sounds great. Looks like one of your favorite snares too (off hand I don't remember some of the others with a head that marked up)!!!
Thanks Hop! Yes, the snare head is a little dirty compared to my other snares, I recorded a lot of country brushes on that one...I usually don't play with brushes...But great snare with some serious Mojo. This is from 1971.

Reactions: Hop

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Negative? Really? OK... Ill go negative... "I SUCK COMPARED TO YOU! There I said it, hope your happy! ;) :icon_e_biggrin:

Awesome on every front from mix to video production to tuning to just lovely playing, what fun that was!!

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That's some serious Jim Hodder! Really well played.

I've only played that song once, in my first bar band, when I was 17. This was before Youtube, before I could even play, and without the record, everything was just by ear, and a faulty musical memory. I wish I could go back in time and then, while trying to learn it, a young me would get to watch your video.

I'd still mess it up but at least I'd have something to measure to.

That was just so solid.

kaide

Reaction score
That's some serious Jim Hodder! Really well played.

I've only played that song once, in my first bar band, when I was 17. This was before Youtube, before I could even play, and without the record, everything was just by ear, and a faulty musical memory. I wish I could go back in time and then, while trying to learn it, a young me would get to watch your video.

I'd still mess it up but at least I'd have something to measure to.

That was just so solid.
Thanks very much!! Nice to see many Steely Dan fans here :)

bob

DFO Master
Reaction score
probably my favorite steely song .... great harmony's great guitar solo's , and that great triplet pulse
very well played , kaide

Latest posts