Steve Jordan in Texas

bbunks

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya gotta wonder just how many snares Steve owns!

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
You gotta wonder- we have the same snare sitting right in front of us-----and there's one on stage with the most million dollar tour ever in history !!!! LOLOLOL,,, It's hilarious how common we all are... Oh wait..

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Spend that money!
You gotta wonder- we have the same snare sitting right in front of us-----and there's one on stage with the most million dollar tour ever in history !!!! LOLOLOL,,, It's hilarious how common we all are... Oh wait..
Exactly…as much vintage gear as many of us have! If it’s good enough for Steve…

Frank Godiva

DFO Master
Reaction score
Grab and post, the picture of the Aqua Satin Flame on stage @Frank Godiva
what a store that is ++
sorry Joe, I don't have a pic, but this from the original post

"Texas Vintage Drums had a very special guest make the pilgrimage this last week! The one and only! Mr Steve Jordan  A.k.a. the blues Brothers, John Mayer, Chuck Berry hail hail rock ‘n’ roll and currently The Rolling Stones!
It was really a great visit , Steve is a total class act, on and off the stage! Such an incredible master of groove! A big thanks to my friend Don McAulay For making this get together happen. Definitely a memorable time!
Steve ended up getting two beautiful vintage Snares, a 1966 Gretsch Aqua Satin flame , Which he played all night at the Austin show! And Vox silver sparkle snare. Here’s a little snippets of Steve playing, and giving a tour of Texas Vintage Drums! Enjoy the fun as much as I did!
Stay tune for our next special guest coming up in December. "

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
right you posted two it's in with them; I have no way of lifting pics from FB. weird. they're closed/loop
and fb has been sucking all my memory from my wireless provider lately pages don't load etc.

mikesdrums

Drummer
Reaction score
That's awesome. The video of SJ walking around the shop and describing every kit is very cool. It's inspiring to see someone who's had such an amazing career still be so excited about drums.

I hadn't heard of Texas Vintage Drums before, though. It looks like it's a private collection in the guy's garage. No address or contact info on FB, and their web site is mostly broken. But I see in the FB comments that the "shop" is open by appointment. Does anybody know anything about Texas Vintage Drums?

Frank Godiva

DFO Master
Reaction score
right you posted two it's in with them; I have no way of lifting pics from FB. weird. they're closed/loop
and fb has been sucking all my memory from my wireless provider lately pages don't load etc.
your not missing anything… the Sonor community moved whole hog to FB when the Sonor museum forum died… so for Vintage Sonor it’s FB or nothing…

Reactions: JDA

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
there was a $5000 old K type III 22" that changed hands on the Old K Istanbul FB group recently

markrocks68

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Texas Vintage Drums is mind boggling and yes a private collection. John has some of the rarest and most pristine examples of all the drums from all the great manufacturers of the 20th century. He recently added the "shop" and IMO it is truly vintage drum heaven. Not too mention he is a very cool guy who also plays in a old school honky tonk country band. I finally got to hang with him at the Hollywood Drum Show a couple years back as well. He's the real deal and a cool cat. One day I plan on making the drive to see that heaven on earth!

Frank Godiva

DFO Master
Reaction score
The Rosewood Teardrops played by Steve in the FB video were owned by Jack DeJohnette.

Jordan could have played any of the kits in the room to demo the round badge snare he bought; and he choose that Teardrop kit as he explains in the room tour video.