Steve Vai "ATTITUDE SONG"

Reaction score
i'm really not familiar with steve aside from him with zappa and his 'little green men' which is on my mp3 which i think is great.
if i could do it all over again i'd play guitar. i'd be Great.

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
This past weekend I was watching Steve Vai's DVD "Where The Wild Things Are". It is a totally excellent concert. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the drummer Jeremy Colson.

Steve is quite a guitar player. I agree with mfryed2112. Steve's playing of odd times is truly phenomenal.

snappy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Tip of the cap to FZ (2:24)
Then...
"Just go for it"

Last edited:

dcrigger

DFO Master
Reaction score
Steve has an understanding of odd time that most people who comprehend odd time don’t understand, lol. Plus, he’s got mad skilz!
Mad skilz... that's for sure!!!

Though the other bit.... huh, not really. :)

Don't get me wrong, I love Steve Vai. And I love his excursions into odd meter land - but there's nothing about his approach that is ever hard to comprehend or understand. It's all very much classic, meat and potatoes odd meter writing - which to a great degree is why it works... why it grooves and feels good to folks (even if they can't/aren't counting it.) Again, I love it - some of my most fun play along stuff in recent years.

LauraCai

Reaction score
Here’s the same song live with Mike Mangini & his roto-toms and Mike Keneally playing the duet with Steve. I saw this same tour with the same hats :)