Steven Adler (G&R) hospitalized - possible suicide attempt?

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Stabbed himself in the stomach. That's an interesting choice for someone trying to end their life. I would hold off just a smidge and await further developments. Not at all inferring foul play or even that he wasn't trying to end it ... but something is not flowing natural here. Something is off balance about this whole scene.
This is another bad day in the life of a very self-tortured man. Hoping he sees something beyond his own.

bigbonzo

DFO Master
Reaction score
10:15 AM PDT -- Adler's rep tells TMZ ... the stabbing was not a suicide attempt, and simply an accident.
The rep would not specify what caused the accident, except to describe it as a "very minor, superficial wound." So much so, we're told Adler still plans to perform a July 12 gig in Las Vegas. The show must go on, as they say.
As for Steven's past substance abuse -- his rep assured us he's been sober for several years.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
10:15 AM PDT -- Adler's rep tells TMZ ... the stabbing was not a suicide attempt, and simply an accident.
The rep would not specify what caused the accident, except to describe it as a "very minor, superficial wound." So much so, we're told Adler still plans to perform a July 12 gig in Las Vegas. The show must go on, as they say.
As for Steven's past substance abuse -- his rep assured us he's been sober for several years.
Had a strong feeling.
Thanks for the followup.

cozy4ever

Reaction score
Strange story...I think that he will be all right though.

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
zz z sound he's UOTE="JDA, post: 1808953, member: You're crackin' ou1"]
Probably just trying to tuck a calf head.

seriously/ it's Good news..
[/QUOTE]

...for that mellow jazz sound he's going for these days.
You're crackin' me up, JDA.
Sounds like it's good news, agreed.

Old Dog

Reaction score
The guy had a stroke, what? 25 years ago?? That has to be difficult. I recently watched a Slash doc. I had completely forgotten Adler had such health issues. Hope he comes back strong.

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sharp objects have a way of insterting themselves into the bodies of those who are careless, inebriated, or just plain not paying enough attention to what they are doing.

Don't ask me how I know....lol.

(Very) Glad it was not a suicide attempt, especially for the sake of his family and friends.

cozy4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, turns out it was accidental and pretty minor, I kind of thought as much. Something didn't add up about the story before. Figured he would be okay tho.

Latest posts