Steven Adler's late 80's Tama kit - priced to sell!

JimmySticks

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, my wife is almost all in on this kit, but she has some questions. She wants to know what sizes this kit is? I agree with her, what size is that “rack” Tom? Good grief, it’s huge. And did he really only play a 4 piece kit? And the buyer is responsible for all shipping? Seller only has 254 sales, not good. She’s getting upset! :blink:

She says the description is seriously lacking for a $90,000 kit. I hope she doesn’t back out because of it, I almost have it!!!:confused2:

Squirrel Man

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wondering if it comes with new heads.

You know, that might be a deal breaker here.

JimmySticks

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to think of it as an investment, something that gains in value over time.
I can see making investments in art, cars, sports memorabilia and such because those are timeless and there will always be demand for them, but I think classic rock will have a shelf life. Fans are getting older, and I think many of us look back at that period with mixed feelings - good music, terribly tragic lifestyle. So I’m not sure I see a market for this stuff. This already came down almost 30 grand.

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Underneath they are.
The badges say Rockstar. That has got to be the most expensive Rockstar up for sale. I think Dave Grohl played a Rockstar Pro, which is on display at the EMP in Seattle. If they ever sell that kit, I wonder how much that’ll go for!

supershifter2

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The badges say Rockstar. That has got to be the most expensive Rockstar up for sale. I think Dave Grohl played a Rockstar Pro, which is on display at the EMP in Seattle. If they ever sell that kit, I wonder how much that’ll go for!
Rockstar and Swingstar have the same shells as Imperialstar but with different hardware. Great sounding drums. Lots of big name guys played Imperiastar including Dave Holland of Judas Priest.

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Rockstar and Swingstar have the same shells as Imperialstar but with different hardware. Great sounding drums. Lots of big name guys played Imperiastar including Dave Holland of Judas Priest.
Yeah, I've had a Tama Rockstar for 26 years. I pulled it out a little while ago to let a friend borrow it. It still plays very nicely, everything is in good order, except for the bubbling wrap which I believe was an issue with Rockstars of that era.