Steven Adler's late 80's Tama kit - priced to sell!

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think everyone on the forum should each offer $500. On the same day. Maybe November 3rd. It can be our version of a flash mob.

What would be a fair or realistic price, I wonder, $10k? I don’t like the drums or the band, but what would a mega fan or collector think is fair?

Really not into that band, but golly, Mrs. Robinson, he’s cute.

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This things still up for sale 3 months later. For anyone that's interested, they're now taking offers, Lol!!

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t get that kit out of my head.

On many things musical, I defer to Upper Management: My wife. She’s younger than me, so she brings in a different generational perspective. Her musical tastes are more mainstream. She is not tainted by gear or fame. And unlike me, she’s a bit of a Guns und Roses fan.
So I asked her about this topic in a roundabout way:
Me: “Oh Goddess of my Temple of Love (paraphrasing here), what do you think about me spending $7,000 on Steven Adler’s drum set? Three piece kit.”

Goddess: “Who’s Steven Adler?”

That right there puts the value at substantially less than 90K.

Me: “He was the drummer for Guns N Roses.”

Goddess: “If you’re going to have a midlife crises, buy a used Miata. At least I can drive the Miata.”
Anyway, as a defense lawyer I deal with this tactic of pricing: Ask 90K when you want 25K; that way the buyer can say he got it for less than a third of the asking price.
By the way, no offense to Steven Adler or his fans, but that’s an ugly paint job on that set. For that kind of money you should at least get 10 Rockenfields, half a Bozzio, or a Bohnam bowler.

Dumpy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I can’t get that kit out of my head.

On many things musical, I defer to Upper Management: My wife. She’s younger than me, so she brings in a different generational perspective. Her musical tastes are more mainstream. She is not tainted by gear or fame. And unlike me, she’s a bit of a Guns und Roses fan.
So I asked her about this topic in a roundabout way:
Me: “Oh Goddess of my Temple of Love (paraphrasing here), what do you think about me spending $7,000 on Steven Adler’s drum set? Three piece kit.”

Goddess: “Who’s Steven Adler?”

That right there puts the value at substantially less than 90K.

Me: “He was the drummer for Guns N Roses.”

Goddess: “If you’re going to have a midlife crises, buy a used Miata. At least I can drive the Miata.”
Anyway, as a defense lawyer I deal with this tactic of pricing: Ask 90K when you want 25K; that way the buyer can say he got it for less than a third of the asking price.
By the way, no offense to Steven Adler or his fans, but that’s an ugly paint job on that set. For that kind of money you should at least get 10 Rockenfields, half a Bozzio, or a Bohnam bowler.
That HAS to be the tactic. Again, no knock to Steven Adler, but you’re buying an average drum kit that an average (for a national touring and recording artist, mind) drummer played. I can’t say I would loop any drum parts of G’n’R trying to figure them out, though he still was a fine drummer (that we know about) and I am CERTAINLY not going to be the first call for taking that seat if it opens up for G’n’R. He was a good, solid drummer, though not ground breaking. And certainly a better player than myself.

A Peter Criss drum kit? Different story. Yes, there are now a few generations of KISS fans. I have a 13 year old great nephew who wants to borrow my Gene Simmons costume (I was Gene in a tribute band for a few shows) and wants all the OLD KISS artifacts he can find! He would love if his dad or his great uncle would buy a Peter Criss kit and leave it to him!

deepsoulradio

Reaction score
The Welcome to the Jungle set is a black Pearl kit. The Paradise City set is a black Tama. I'm offended they're trying to sell anything else.