Stewart Copeland And His COB PEARL JUPITER

bonzoleum

BONZOLEUM
Reaction score
Just as we foaming-at-the-mouth Copeland freaks knew, Copeland's namesake Tama brass drum based on:

* (at 2:44)

Last edited by a moderator:

bonzoleum

BONZOLEUM
Reaction score
drumsforever said:
Just as we foaming-at-the-mouth Copeland freaks knew, Copeland's namesake Tama brass drum based on:

(at 2:44)
Did he ever use a King Beat snare?
I think he did. I'm pretty sure I've seen pics of him using the Tama snares..

Last edited by a moderator:

bellbrass

DFO Star
Reaction score
Yes, that is "the" snare - the holy grail for Copeland fans. He supposedly worked a lot with Tama to get them to reproduce the sound of that snare. I think that's how they decided to do a welded shell, rather than spun or cast - if I recall, the Jupiter was a brass welded shell. Either way, the Tama is a terrific snare, and it was cool to see his Jupiter.

ppfd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone read his book? BAM had it on clearance, wished I bought it now.

Cauldronics

DFO Master
Reaction score
Man, what a great idea for a big recording/jam room! Have all the instruments ready to go with mics patched into the system. Of course! It would be a blast to have that much space and time.

Regarding the Jupiter behind the Tama kit, do we know that's the one he used back in the day? And if you wanted to get closer to the sound of that snare, wouldn't the Tama Copeland reissue be more accurate than the Pearl Jupiter?

As I understood it, the original snare was pieced together from Pearl and Tama parts, although the shell was something of a mystery.

I've been wanting both the modern Tama and a Jupiter for some time. The stars haven't aligned with my pocketbook yet.

drummertom

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it would be a blast to hang out in the room for awhile. Great concept.

Titletown Tim

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
What a cool glimpse into Stewart's World!

Anyone else notice the Grammys casually mixed in with his books and knick-knacks?

BBeyer

DFO Master
Reaction score
Very cool guy.

I "liked" Stewarts page on Facebook, and Sent him a link to my band playing "driven to tears", and he actually wrote back to me and told me his opinion on my drumming.. pretty cool

Latest posts