Stewart Copeland And His COB PEARL JUPITER

TommyWells

Pro/Founder
Reaction score
That's a Pearl snare drum alright. i have one just like it that I've had for over 40 years. But it's not the "Jupiter". The one that Stewart has, as the one I have, have the normal "Gladstone" type strainer. The Jupiter had a parrallel action strainer with the rods going through the inside of the drum. There is a pristine Jupiter currently at Fork's Drum Closet.

mpungercar

Reaction score
TommyWells said:
That's a Pearl snare drum alright. i have one just like it that I've had for over 40 years. But it's not the "Jupiter". The one that Stewart has, as the one I have, have the normal "Gladstone" type strainer. The Jupiter had a parrallel action strainer with the rods going through the inside of the drum. There is a pristine Jupiter currently at Fork's Drum Closet.
As Tommy stated, the Jupiter had a parallel stainer. The cheaper model with the "Gladstone" type strainer was simply listed in the Pearl catalogs as "snare drum", and was available with either a steel or brass shell. I had the steel shelled model and it wasn't anything special. Just another supra clone, but not as good.

ObiWan

Hillbilly Drummist
Reaction score
Now that's a man-cave! Mine is about the 1/25 scale plastic model of that, ha!

TommyWells

Pro/Founder
Reaction score
I have the brass shell version. 3 lines. I played it on a LOT of records in the 70s and 80s. Played it sparingly in the 90s and early 2000s. Right now, it's on the shelf in my office, looking pretty good, considering the unbelievable amount it has been played over the years. It was my everyday snare drum for about 20 years, as well as a 6 1/2 just like it. My old friend Tim Stafford really liked the 6 /2, so I gave it to him about 20 years ago. They are rally nice drums. The Jupiter can be a real pain as the snares can get out of adjustment and it takes a rocket scientist to get them lined up again.

Latest posts