header.nohb.html

Stewart Copeland cymbal sound

type85

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
14” New Beats. And 13” New Beats as well, I believe.
Big JD, you can hear those 13" new beats on "Driven to tears" and "when the world is running down".
Listening to Zenyatta and Ghost endlessly as a teenager, I really developed an ear for the differences between the two brands of cymbals, the change in sound characteristics is so radical it's hard not to notice.
Also, Hugh Padgham engineered and produced Ghost, he was known for using a lot of natural ambience and room sound on the drums, Stewey's drum sound on "one world (not three)" is absolutely amazing, so is his playing, one of my all time favorite drum tracks!

PS: JD, when is Stewart going to make an appearance on "Live from my drum room"??

Last edited:

Reddy

Reaction score
I too had a Blue Bell Ride for a while. Didn’t work for me either. I have a 22”3000 Rude ride/crash that fits that sound for me a little better. Also 20” Sound Creation bell ride when needed. The SC bell is almost hilarious in the way it grabs your attention.

RyanLovesDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’m not a big Greyson fan but I just noticed he’s playing “the snare.” He’s got the same Pearl snare Stewart loves with the die cast hoop on top and everything. Neat to hear in a jazz context.

tapotti

Reaction score
Add me to the list of those who aren't ecstatic about the signature blue bell ride. It's pretty to look at, but probably my least used ride.

I also own:
Paiste 2002 22"
Sig dry heavy 21"
Sig powerslave reflector ride 22" (my favorite)
Dark energy mk 2 22"
Sig full ride 22"