Stimulus funds?

Gotdrums

3rd most viewed drummer online
Reaction score
I would love to know where all these people are going to buy a car with that kind of money. That would maybe be good money to put down on a lease, but other than that......

gmiller598

Reaction score
My girlfriend didn't have enough money to pay her rent; she gave the landlord the money she had. Another woman I know just lost her job, can't pay rent. I suspect that lots of people can not pay their mortgage bill. The stimulus money really is not stimulus, it just pays some debt, may keep the economy from collapse.
Hence why it was given out in addition to unemployment benefits that are being increased. Regardless if people need to use it to pay bills or are lucky enough to still be working and can use it for other purposes, the intent of the funds is to keep money circulating in society to help prevent the economy from going into a terrible recession. As with the stimulus package from 2009 under Barack Obama, this money is intended to be spent to help stimulate spending and boost the economy.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
We're fortunate that my wife is still working and has been given more hours plus a pay increase for hazard. I'm not terribly excited that she has to interact with so many people who aren't taking this seriously, but at least we have income. She's been doing what she can to keep herself protected.

I'm still working somewhat and we have purposefully kept our bills low (dropped cable years ago, limited how often we eat out, changed phone plan to a much cheaper MVNO, budget everything) so I think our stimulus will go into savings for the time being. Our mortgage is actually pretty reasonable and we have a decent savings, but we've also been very lucky so far.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
We have some house repairs due. Not exactly frivolous, it's money that would need to be spent if we had to sell. And it goes to local trades/business. So we might as well enjoy it too instead of just fixing it for the new owners( if we sold it.)

BennyK

DFO Star
Reaction score
I'm very lucky to not have brought any debt into retirement . I'm happy to be driving a 12 year old Honda that I own instead of an Audi I sold my soul for .

Polska

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Savings. Maybe a few cd's but otherwise I won't be helping stimulate the economy very much.

Latest posts