Stolen

supershifter2

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
How was it stolen? Someone broke into your home/storage?
Somebody either picked the bed top locks or has the same key. No locks were broken and the latches were not damaged. Also stolen were 2 small craftsman tool boxes and 3 QSC 3500 amps were stolen. I never wrote the serial numbers of the amps down and the tools are common and have no serial numbers. I did write the serial number of the guitar down and took fotos just in case it got stolen from a house break in. The truck was parked on a busy street in front of a house with no camera. It was done during the late night. Here is my truck.

wonton 2w.jpg

Jazzhead

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Somebody either picked the bed top locks or has the same key. No locks were broken and the latches were not damaged. Also stolen were 2 small craftsman tool boxes and 3 QSC 3500 amps were stolen. I never wrote the serial numbers of the amps down and the tools are common and have no serial numbers. I did write the serial number of the guitar down and took fotos just in case it got stolen from a house break in. The truck was parked on a busy street in front of a house with no camera. It was done during the late night. Here is my truck.

View attachment 467053
That sucks, hope it gets back to you.

bon viesta

Reaction score
might wanna browse the “other instrument” threads and print up some wanted posters... i mean you never know... :confused2: it could be anyone!

Dumpy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My buddy who gets around in the biz has been alerted and will inspect EVERY 40th anniversary Strat he comes across. The vintage guitar world is a very small one, Mongo.

Corbin L Douthitt

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
I predict it will show up based on the following deductions:

1. My brother is in construction - tools stolen out of pickups is the easiest fence - therefore guitar and QSC amps where probably collateral damage. So hopefully thief is not player who keeps it in his closet
2. The guitar is fairly unique looking - people online will notice it.

Here are some links I've collected about recovering guitars (just in case you don't already have them)

Dumpy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I predict it will show up based on the following deductions:

1. My brother is in construction - tools stolen out of pickups is the easiest fence - therefore guitar and QSC amps where probably collateral damage. So hopefully thief is not player who keeps it in his closet
2. The guitar is fairly unique looking - people online will notice it.

Here are some links I've collected about recovering guitars (just in case you don't already have them)

Most thieves are way too twitchy to hang onto anything stolen.

Stolen tools are the most popular item in pawn shops. My grandfather used to engrave in very large numbers his numerical initials (i.e. 1=A) of his name on everything in so many places on all of his tools. The local pawnbrokers knew those numbers and his tools became useless to thieves!

The vintage guitar world is very small.

Thanks for posting the resources.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about it! Thieves suck. As much as social media can be bad, post as much info as you can on Facebook or wherever you may have accounts, and ask your friends to share the hell out of it too.