Stop Pretending You're Having Fun at These Outdoor Concerts and Music Festivals

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Several years back it rained during the ACL fest (Austin City Limits) the city had just fertilized the grass with dilo dirt which is dried up human poop. Most thought they were playing in mud! Glad I wasn't there
YOU WIN!

That's enough evidence right there to stay in my "Lazyboy"....!

TheMattJones88

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Tell you what-- Wilco's Solid Sound Festival is mostly outdoors and completely humane and wonderful. I'd go 3 times a summer if I could.
I went to Solid Sound three times and had an incredible time. It also rained every time, but that's the Berkshires for you, hah.

The last time we went we got a camping spot on a mountain (small, but still a mountain) in Florida, MA. We came back after night 2 when there was a storm and our tent was just leveled. Had to throw everything in our car as-is, and then drove to Brattleboro to find the one hotel room within an hour radius.

rayboomboom

Reaction score
Redrocks is hands down the best sounding and the most beautiful outdoor music venue probably in North America. Just unbelievable.
I would almost agree with that, except I've been to festivals at Telluride, CO. That is a gorgeous place!!
Red Rocks might have a small hand up for sound, but as far as beauty...whew, that's a tough one. I'd have to say Telluride for overall beauty, but Red Rocks for the drama of the natural amphitheater.

BTW, Wash Post is a pretty conservative paper. Doesn't surprise me to see that's where this article came from.

Ludzil

Reaction score
Curious, when was the last time you were at an actual large-scale festival? I have been to at least two or three huge festivals every year for the past decade and have only been rained (drizzle, really) one time.

Personally, I’d rather be out enjoying live music, supporting bands, being exposed to NEW music than sitting on my lazy boy at home listening to the same five classic rock records I have been listening to for the past 35 years.
Just making what I thought was a witty joke

bellbrass

DFO Master
Reaction score
I just bought my first ticket ever for an outdoor festival - going to see The Raconteurs. I hope it's fun, and devoid of rain, obnoxious behavior, and expensive water...but I'm not holding my breath....well, maybe when I go to the Port-O-Let!

Latest posts