Strange wrap on this vintage Ludwig on CL

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
I think KO's right because as we know, the wood hoops will add even more to the length, but the drum is still very close in height to the 14.

moonbabie

Reaction score
Looks like it spent a lot of time in cases.should’ve had a inner Pic.

Mendozart

Jenkins-Martin rep
Reaction score
I think KO's right because as we know, the wood hoops will add even more to the length, but the drum is still very close in height to the 14.
The CL ad states the floor tom is 16x16.

steambent

DFO Master
Reaction score
Maybe some one already said this but could be rewrap even tho the seller says it is original but then again he calls the color pink champagne in stead of just champagne.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
shame no one's gotten further so far any info; where did he get how did he get them who the ...OP should get some details for us to chew on the "Champagne Licorice"..

Ring him up @lanebune ; see what he knows (or doesn't know for sure..

richardh253

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
if the price & condition were good, it might not be too much $ to have the center stripe rewrapped in a different color wrap. Worth asking some of the folks who do such. Only the small tom would need some drilling for bottom screw of lugs, the bass and floor tom would just be center stripe. Weren't Dino's black sparkle strip in center? Cortex wraps were never IMHO particularly attractive.

lanebune

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
shame no one's gotten further so far any info; where did he get how did he get them who the ...OP should get some details for us to chew on the "Champagne Licorice"..

Ring him up @lanebune ; see what he knows (or doesn't know for sure..
I've tried. So far no luck.

Reactions: JDA

lanebune

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is his answer.

Hello! I believe the little rascal drummer had silver with a cortex stripe. I am not the original owner, paid 2400.00 to get my hands on them 6 years ago. They are strange sizes. I am a collector drummer as well, 58 years old, started at 9. I have many kits, these are seldom used as they are s different. Tomm and floor tom could never have been parade drums, nor the bass. No extra holes. Regards, Benjamin

atomicdave

DFO Master
Reaction score
I think the combo wrap is CLASSY! With those sizes, price is a steal! Think that color combo is not attractive? There was an orange mod marching snare...with a center band of black diamond pearl!

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
I think the combo wrap is CLASSY! With those sizes, price is a steal! Think that color combo is not attractive? There was an orange mod marching snare...with a center band of black diamond pearl!
My school colors were orange and black. I suppose if the school had wanted drums in those colors they would have had to use Mod Orange and Black Diamond or solid black. As it was we had chrome drums.

some combinations were great looking. One area school had green sparkle with a silver sparkle band and those looked really nice.

LD-PG041.JPG