STRAP IN KIDS! DW ELECTRONIC DRUMS ARE ON THE WAY.

Vanhalen1984

Reaction score

Attachments

DannyPattersonMusic

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me ... it would have made a lot of sense to do something like that when Neil Peart was active as then his whole kit could have been DW. Because this basically looks like what Neil did with his electronic kit (wood shells with DW lugs with Roland pads).

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
Vistalite Black said:
$5,000 seems like a lot of money to try to re-create the sound of an actual drum kit costing half as much.
First, that's only a portion of what electronics are able to do and second, have you priced an acoustic DW kit lately???

W&A Player

DFO Star
Reaction score
No weak links to the DW electronic drums and cymbals because DW has re-invented electricity...don't ya know?

Olderschool

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sequimite said:
I imagine cymbals are still the weak link...
Don't know about the competitors but Roland solved the cymbal problem with their SuperNatural sound engine several years back.
I've owned bothe the Roland TD10 and the TD20 high end set with cymbals and was still not satisfied.I'm not sure if these had the new sound engine you are referring too?

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
agogobil said:
I hope they make an electric tuning table to go with it.
I read that John Good is working on a limited edition e-kit with the module's components containing metal shavings from the key Ben Franklin used in his kite experiments back in the 1700s. It's called the "Timeless Transducer."

drummerbill

DFO Master
Reaction score
GEWA, Anyone know if this is company is related to Dynacord, also in Germany ?

In the 80s I had a Dynacord kit with 12 bit sample chips,{Similar to the later, early D-Drums} used for quiet apartment headphone practicing. From what I remember there was little US support and finding sound chips was a "bear". {I owned a great studio "fusion kit" sound chip set, a Simmons similar sound set, special effect...handclaps /percussion set, and a boingy bebop tuned kit. The cymbal samples where nice but had way too short a sustain on slow patterns.....reverb on mixing board sends kind of helped ! }

Looks like a win, win, win, to me for electronic drummers....really nice looking acoustic kit on stage, great brain, easy to import samples..

P.S. Turned down a popular NY/ NJ band gig recently because they requested "V-Drum kits , only". I did two sub gigs with them on my acoustic kit with K-Con cymbals, and the lead singer commented privately how much better the cymbals and band sounded ! {Prefer the nuances of my acoustic "tools", and don't enjoy cable / monitor / pa fiascos....would rather set-up and play ! My Roland V-kit is set-up for early evening and late night private practice. IMHO}

Latest posts