Stripped the powder coating on my Alloy Classic

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That looks great, and like it was designed that way!

Geardaddy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Your snare turned out looking very nice. I really like how the hoops look. What did you use to strip the powdercoat?

I did a similar thing to my Pearl Ultracast snare. The powdercoat on the shell was chipped and peeling in places, so I stripped it off. The hoops and lugs are still looking good, but I think they are black chrome rather than powdercoat.

Pearl Ultracast 1.jpg
Pearl Ultracast 2.jpg

Beefsurgeon

Reaction score
Your snare turned out looking very nice. I really like how the hoops look. What did you use to strip the powdercoat?

I did a similar thing to my Pearl Ultracast snare. The powdercoat on the shell was chipped and peeling in places, so I stripped it off. The hoops and lugs are still looking good, but I think they are black chrome rather than powdercoat.
I soaked the parts in acetone for a few hours, then it came right off with a wire brush! How'd you do yours?

Geardaddy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I used Zip Strip to remove the powdercoat. I think it stripped it all off with a single application. Left the shell looking kind of dull, but I buffed it lightly and it turned out how it looks in the pictures. I personally like the contrasting look of the black and silver finishes better than the original all black finish.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
Looks great! I had some diecast hoops - one black and one white. I tried Citrustrip and it did a horrible job. Will try dipping them in acetone (ie: nail polish remover)....thank you!

Latest posts