glaze148

Very well Known Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that where you will do more wonderful Matt Bettis demo’s

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
$30 cover 2 drink minimum. Two shows nightly. ;-)

Lights3.jpg
Lights2.jpg

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is really turning out nice.
You will have a special place there.
Just a phenomenal job.

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That is really turning out nice.
You will have a special place there.
Just a phenomenal job.
Thanks much. The lighting options really help. Wait til we have the room tuned, art on the walls and some beer cans and whiskey bottles laying around....and negligees hanging from the moose antlers. (let the old timer dream a few more minutes he might get lucky)

petereather

Reaction score
If I had that much money for a studio like that I think I would use it for my retirement so no worries til my Wife and I Bight The Big One . RIP Looks Nice . I built mine from used lumber I picked up here and there The original structure was our raised garden bed area we have alot of f deer 8 ft fence made my trusses from old pallets puchased 60 sheets ply wood for $ 500 bucks isulation picked out of dumpster remodel job siding came from old deck boars that people are removing for new plastic boards 2x4 and 2x8 purchase from Home Depo 75% percent off damaged boards all materials including concrete rubber roof electrical lights wood burner windows carpet light switches ceiling panels doors might be missing something $2500. still had money for some new cymbals drum heads double pedal mice stands mics 2 cases bear 3 liters booze 2 cases soda couple jazz cigs 1 mixing board for drums . I have a woods so my fire wood cost O just labor . ROCK ON !!

Last edited:

petereather

Reaction score
Plan on building a covered stage in the back yard this summer , cant wait PARTY HOPEFULLY my new band will be ready . Pics will be coming CABIN UP NORTH SHOULD BE SOLD SOON

Attachments

• 20180702_083613_HDR (1).jpg
    20180702_083613_HDR (1).jpg
    78 KB · Views: 43

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
re: updates; anyone getting the feeling one of Sinc contractors has accidentally cut the main power line and Sinc has lost contact with the outside world.

Last edited:

hsosdrum

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
re: updates; anyone getting the feeling one of Sinc contractors has accidentally cut the main power line and Sinc has lost contact with the outside world.
More likely he's finalizing things and tuning the room, which can be the most time-consuming part of the entire build process, since much of it is cut-and-try.

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
More likely he's finalizing things and tuning the room, which can be the most time-consuming part of the entire build process, since much of it is cut-and-try.
You are correct sir. That and running out of money put the brakes on for a minute. We're finishing up ourselves. Painting, wiring etc.
My contractor has become a good friend and when our studio design took shape became very excited about our choices, saying it was the nicest home studio he'd built...and he's built quite a few. Having underbid the job he has offered to finish everything up without payment or delaying payment for a year or two. I've never heard of a contractor doing this and of course we took him up on it.

We had a big day yesterday as he drilled holes in predetermined locations to accommodate our wiring designs. Here's a picture of two of the four plates that will be soldered and in place within the next week. After that we can hang the last of six doors, set up the board, patch bays and monitors and start test recording and tuning the room in early April. Getting close....(r)

Wiring.jpg
Control Room.jpg

Last edited:

owr

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Realized I hadnt seen progress on this for a month or so, but now checking in realize its me, not you... But its worth a bump anyways to get this one back in rotation. Can't wait to hear the first recording out of the new room.

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Moving forward.
The last piece to the wiring is this plate in the control room. Framing it with 2x4's to give more space so not to stress the connections.
plate.jpg

Two amazing things happened that saved me thousands of dollars.
Found a guy literally 2 miles from my house who had dismantled his studio selling Kinetics Noise Control baffles at about 10% of what they cost new, and my brother donated his rarely used Tascam 38 eight track 1/2" machine (all the rage with Millennials) to the project. Some use this machine strictly for drums.
Finishing the soundproofing and getting the board and computer running in the next few weeks. Already have a kit set up to practice which I haven't been able to do since we started. Feels good.

baffles.jpg
anolog.jpg

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lighting makes it. I'm 100% sure it improves the sound too.

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The lighting makes it. I'm 100% sure it improves the sound too.
My wife's contribution. I hadn't thought much about the lighting. She's into graphics and more visually oriented and sprung for an LED system that give you all these trippy options controlled from an app on my phone. So you can't come up with the perfect drum part?... try Kalahari Sunset. No?...ok Tokyo Nightclub. You get the idea.
Pretty cool.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife's contribution. I hadn't thought much about the lighting. She's into graphics and more visually oriented and sprung for an LED system that give you all these trippy options controlled from an app on my phone. So you can't come up with the perfect drum part?... try Kalahari Sunset. No?...ok Tokyo Nightclub. You get the idea.
Pretty cool.

That's really cool! I think mood is so overlooked!