Studio Build

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I can't stop...help!! More progress.
Outside storage access above 8ft ceilings of the control room/iso booth.
Control room double wall. Just an inch of space but both walls floated on rubber strips. Glass added later. Two pains. Live room slanted.
Looking out of the control room I added the smaller window to avoid a wide section of wall obstructing line of sight. The double doors far left also with windows.
Control room with outside entrance. Double doors with tempered glass on the right.
Outlets every 4 ft in control room and live room.
Looking for a guy who specializes in studio wiring for multiple patch bay options in all three rooms. That stuff really is rocket science.

Attachments

DBT

Reaction score
I can't stop...help!! More progress.
Outside storage access above 8ft ceilings of the control room/iso booth.
Control room double wall. Just an inch of space but both walls floated on rubber strips. Glass added later. Two pains. Live room slanted.
Looking out of the control room I added the smaller window to avoid a wide section of wall obstructing line of sight. The double doors far left also with windows.
Control room with outside entrance. Double doors with tempered glass on the right.
Outlets every 4 ft in control room and live room.
Looking for a guy who specializes in studio wiring for multiple patch bay options in all three rooms. That stuff really is rocket science.
Keep on Truck’in .

ThomasL

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I know. My parents moved this summer and there was a closet full of my stuff from 25+ years ago that I had to go through.

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
How are ya doing the windows? My buddy did his angle a little 1” at the bottom 2” at the top and put a strip of double sided tape with cat litter across it to keep moisture out in between the window panes.

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My buddy did his angle a little 1” at the bottom 2” at the top and put a strip of double sided tape with cat litter across it to keep moisture out in between the window panes.
Yes that sounds about right for the tempered glass. The pains aren't parallel in any of the three windows. I think the slant is in the live room.
Not above trying the cat litter idea but I know it's the first think my wife would notice. "Please tell me that's not kitty litter in there!" Lol.

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yes that sounds about right for the tempered glass. The pains aren't parallel in any of the three windows. I think the slant is in the live room.
Not above trying the cat litter idea but I know it's the first think my wife would notice. "Please tell me that's not kitty litter in there!" Lol.
Anything to keep the moisture out. Maybe wood chips?

dcrigger

DFO Star
Reaction score
Glass added later. Two pains. Live room slanted.
Advice I got on this years ago was to make each pane a different thickness - and to use sound deadening glass (two layers of glass sandwiched around a thin sheet of plastic....

I don't know if any of that is still the deal... that's I did ages ago (haven't done a control room window since)

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Advice I got on this years ago was to make each pane a different thickness - and to use sound deadening glass (two layers of glass sandwiched around a thin sheet of plastic...
Great Dave. I'll inquire what the treatment will be on the panes.