Study of Gretsch Round Badge "Born Together" Sets

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the serial numbers in these sweet things. I am so sorely tempted to make an offer

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
See the above post
JDA, lots of sets show up on ebay every week. When there are no serial numbers provided or pictured, I will sometimes pursue them by contacting the seller, depending upon my time availability. That is how I built my list. I do the same for Ludwig and Ludwig Standards.
[/QUOTE

KCDrumDad

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
See the above post
Those are the types of listing I love to see. They make it easy to gather information. Thanks for pointing it out to me.
edit - I already have that set in my list. It is owned by a person who used to be quite active in the vintage drum market. Always has top level stuff.

Last edited:

jmoll

Reaction score
Hello,

I bought this Burgundy Sparkle Progressive jazz set some years ago and I think is a "born together" kit. The drums are in gorgeous condition, even came with the original bags, and I think you probably don't have it in your list. I hope it helps.
Thank you for your great job!
Here some pictures of the serial numbers and the full set:
Archivo_005.jpeg
Archivo_006.jpeg
Archivo_007.jpeg
Archivo_009.jpeg
Archivo_010.jpeg
Archivo_011.jpeg
Archivo_000.jpeg
Archivo_001.jpeg
Archivo_003.jpeg
Archivo_004.jpeg

Last edited:

KCDrumDad

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I bought this Burgundy Sparkle Progressive jazz set some years ago and I think is a "born together" kit. The drums are in gorgeous condition, even came with the original bags, and I think you probably don't have it in your list. I hope it helps.
Great looking drums. You posted about the floor tom in 2017, but I did not have information about the other two drums. Thanks.