header.nohb.html

Super clean, slightly washy, but not harsh ride cymbal

Steech

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hellooo!

Any recommendations for a crystal clear, clean, and slightly washy ride cymbal with a clean bell that does not have the word “Constantinople” in its name?

I’d prefer a 21” or 22” if possible.

Thanks!

Tilter

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Anytime I see the words crystal clear in reference to cymbals, it's Paiste that comes to mind. My only experience is with the Masters line, however, I'm inclined to believe a heavier 2002 or Signature model would fit the bill.

Steech

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anytime I see the words crystal clear in reference to cymbals, it's Paiste that comes to mind. My only experience is with the Masters line, however, I'm inclined to believe a heavier 2002 or Signature model would fit the bill.

Thanks!
I have both 21 and 22 Signature Prototype rides and love them but they’re just not quite clean or glassy enough for me. 2002s may be an option though.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Hellooo!

Any recommendations for a crystal clear, clean, and slightly washy ride cymbal with a clean bell that does not have the word “Constantinople” in its name?

I’d prefer a 21” or 22” if possible.

Thanks!

There is something magical about the 21” A Custom Medium ride, at least that’s been my experience. I have a 20” 60s Avedis that fits the description, but isn’t as big as you are asking for. You could also likely find a Sabian AAX Stage or Studio ride (I would prefer the studio), and recently I posted an alert that Dale’s Drum Shop had a Sabian 21” Bash ride really cheap — those are very washy.

1988fxlr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
21” a sweet or sabian aa medium in whatever size you prefer

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard a 22" Sabian Ed Thigpen Crystal ride which sounds as you describe.

I have 20" and 22" medium thin Bosphorus Traditional rides which also might work.