Super-sensitive 6.5 B/O Badge

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
It's hard to tell from the photos what's broken. SS's are kind of a pain to deal with, but set up right they sound great. I'm sure there is a forum member who knows if the SS shell is different in regard to snare beds. I suppose it comes down to whether you plan to keep it.

rikkrebs

DFO Master
Reaction score
It's hard to tell from the photos what's broken. SS's are kind of a pain to deal with, but set up right they sound great. I'm sure there is a forum member who knows if the SS shell is different in regard to snare beds. I suppose it comes down to whether you plan to keep it.
The plastic on the throw side is broken. I'm currently debating if I'm keeping it.

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Funny how everyone says the SS's are complicated yet I've owned 2 that were both easy to deal with and totally versatile.

shuffle

DFO Master
Reaction score
Ive converted a SS to a Supra.
Same beds,slight and gentle.
Easy to do if you need.

APelletier

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

utdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Drums on Sale.com has all the Ludwig SS parts you need to get it back in shape. That's Bill Brufords snare for years and years! I'd keep it...

Thanks for the link to the Ludwig SS parts...I bookmarked it for future reference. I too have a SS and found it to be much easier than I thought it would be to dial in and mine has the smaller tuning wheels on it. In any case, it's a 1969 model in great shape, very little pitting at all for a 50 year old Ludwig. I sometimes think about selling it just to have an original LM402 but i can't seem to pull the trigger. Mine is dialed in nicely.

Attachments

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Funny how everyone says the SS's are complicated yet I've owned 2 that were both easy to deal with and totally versatile.
I guess I've had too many that were in schools that had been knocked over while still on a stand and landed on the strainer, or were owned by drummers that didn't take care of them. They are pretty easy to knock out of wack and then the wires won't sit flat. Taken care of and/or owned by adults, they are great drums.

rikkrebs

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the link to the Ludwig SS parts...I bookmarked it for future reference. I too have a SS and found it to be much easier than I thought it would be to dial in and mine has the smaller tuning wheels on it. In any case, it's a 1969 model in great shape, very little pitting at all for a 50 year old Ludwig. I sometimes think about selling it just to have an original LM402 but i can't seem to pull the trigger. Mine is dialed in nicely.
That’s a great looking drum

Latest posts