Surprise, surprise

Splat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Picked up a used early vintage 21" Sabian HHX Raw Bell Dry Ride months ago. I loved it when I first heard it and still love it. Then i put up the 20" Sabian AA medium ride I've had since the late 80s and was surprised. Crashable, nice defined ping and bell. Great Scott! I had gotten tired of it years ago and now it'll be taking the place of the RBDR for gigs. The RBDR is just a little too quiet for unmic'ed gigs. Maybe I'll just keep it at home and savor it there.

PS, just remembered there was only the Sabian label on it. I still have the receipt from when I bought it. Thats how all these years I knew what it was. Wow. Anyone else playing a AA 20" Medium ride?

Last edited:

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just bought a HH 21"RBDR, too. I've wanted one for years and finally ran across a pristine middle design. And I love it. Lots more body than I expected, not just ping.

My Sabian Medium Ride, though, is an HH 20" to which I added rivets. It's a delicate, beautiful sounding cymbal with a perfect mix of ping and body with no dominant frequencies.

GeeDeeEmm

Latest posts