Swapped to Pearl Air Suspension Floor tom Feet

spazapproved

Reaction score
So I was having troubles with loosing a lot of tone in my floor toms and also when traveling light having my floor toms move on me. I wasn't always taking my big drum rug for small gigs so sometimes my floor toms were right on the floor. Well they were loosing all of their tone and they were moving around on me! This is obviously no good. So I started looking into a solution and I was recommended to look into the Pearl Air Suspension rubber feet. Wow what a difference!!

Here's a video I did on the swap!
If you want to cut right to the sound clips go to 7:25

Thanks and enjoy!
[VIDEO]

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that video, Zack. The improvement in response that you got from the Pearl feet is just . . . remarkable. I would have never believed it if I hadn't heard it. And now I see what you meant about the toms creeping when played. I've seen hard tom feet like the Ddrum pieces before, but those are incredibly hard. More like plastic, and Ddrum should have known better.

I will say that you tune your toms very, very low. They are hanging on by their fingernails to the edge of the gulf between tone and flap. Just a tad of extra head tension will make them sing, I would guess.

GeeDeeEmm

spazapproved

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that video, Zack. The improvement in response that you got from the Pearl feet is just . . . remarkable. I would have never believed it if I hadn't heard it. And now I see what you meant about the toms creeping when played. I've seen hard tom feet like the Ddrum pieces before, but those are incredibly hard. More like plastic, and Ddrum should have known better.

I will say that you tune your toms very, very low. They are hanging on by their fingernails to the edge of the gulf between tone and flap. Just a tad of extra head tension will make them sing, I would guess.

GeeDeeEmm
Yeah I'm planning on changing the reso heads and retuning the entire kit.
The reso heads are too thick and chunky for them.
But that's how it came when i bought it.

scaramanga

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thinking of doing this, for a slightly different reason: I need a tiny bit more length from my tom legs. Did these feet raise them up at all?

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
I prefer the Gibraltar suspension feet myself but either will make a big difference.

rsq911

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Great video!

Swapped all the feet out on my Ludwig kits, they resonate for days!