Sweet K 23"... any thoughts?

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've been thinking a lot about the K Sweets lately as well. Interested to hear the responses.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
There are no bad cymbals, just players that can't make them speak.
Ummmm . . . I'll have to think on this a bit. I don't think I've ever run across a cymbal that didn't "speak," but the languages many of them were using were apparently curse words!!!!

I've yet to own a K Sweet ride, but all of those I've demoed were wonderful in one aspect or another. I guess you could say that they spoke "sweetly" to my ears.

(I did own a 21" A Sweet Ride for a very brief week or so. I had the good fortune of buying the only bad one - and I mean BAD - that was ever made! It spoke a very nasty language.)

GeeDeeEmm

dustjacket

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Try to find the K Sweet prototypes. I've found them to be "sweeter". They have more of a matte finish that balances out the sound, less brash. K Sweet rides are a great combo of crash,bell, and stick.

Warrenbonz

Reaction score
I picked up a 23” K Sweet from my local Sam Ash a couple of weeks ago on sale. Haven’t had too much time to play it but I really like it so far. It works well with my new 24/13/16 Ludwig Legacy mahogany kit.

blikum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have the 21 K Sweet ride. I just love it. So versatile, nice bell definition, crashes well, nice wash. For my prposes it's just about the perfect ride. Your mileage may vary.

L300burn

Reaction score
I love the bell on the k sweet rides. I would prefer more wash like the 20in k ride but the sweets will work literally anywhere. (Prototype brilliant sweets are out!).

tripp2k

Reaction score
I'm curious if the drummer's position isn't perhaps the worst place in the world to assess a ride cymbal. I have a 22" K that I landed on after going through a ton. It doesn't sound so hot while I play it but it does when someone else is and I'm across the room or downstairs. It sounds like the ride sound I've had in my head all this time. Sorry to get philosophical and slightly off topic.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but our GC got in a new 23" A Sweet that I played with for a bit. That thing was marvelous. Zildjian is on a roll, my friends. And it's about time, too.

GeeDeeEmm

Latest posts