Sweetwater Music..

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I noticed the name a couple of years ago, but never gave it much thought. After reading Namn reviews and seeing a ton of advertising lately, it seems these folks are the main players in on line shopping for all sorts of gear. Is that the case now?

MntnMan62

Reaction score
They definitely carry a wide selection of gear. I have only purchased one thing from them. A subwoofer isolation platform. When looking for gear I'll check Sweetwater, Sam Ash, and any other retailer I know of that sells what I'm looking for. I'm cheap so for me it's all about price plus customer service.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Sweetwater has been my go to for a number of years now as most of the others (Musician's Friend, Music 123, Woodwind etc) are all owned by GC. Sweetwater has great service and pretty much if it's made they have it, I still try to buy local but I also support Sweetwater enough so that they will keep being an option.

Dave HCV

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sweetwater has been my go to for a number of years now as most of the others (Musician's Friend, Music 123, Woodwind etc) are all owned by GC. Sweetwater has great service and pretty much if it's made they have it, I still try to buy local but I also support Sweetwater enough so that they will keep being an option.
+1

With less and less being available locally, purchasing online has become increasingly necessary. Sweetwater has an incredible selection and great service. Hard to go wrong there.

PaulD

Reaction score
I bought a new set back in November from DCP, but bought all of the hardware and some other stuff from Sweetwater. I give them a solid A as far as online shopping experiences.

yetanotherdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
If you are ever in the Fort Wayne, IN area, make a point to check out their store.

It is only a 90 minute drive for me, so I go there a few times a year.

The only problem is, when I go I tend to buy something. :) Too much temptation I guess.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have a rep there that has really bent over backwards for me. He has worked on my deals for years and years ... honestly don't recall how many years ... a bunch.
When I am looking to purchase high end electronics, studio gear, digital drum gear, etc., I go through him. They walk me through each and every deal to ensure I get what I need. Phenomenal service.
I built a custom Roland kit years ago ... none of my other dealers could do the work ... "you can't order that separately" or "that doesn't come with one of those" ... that sort of thing ... drove me crazy. I knew what I wanted, just couldn't get the people to do it. These guys built the kit and never missed a beat. They never said "no". They figured out how to do it instead of telling me it couldn't be done. Incredible dedication to the job at hand.
They built out my studio ... and they follow up with me to double check everything is working as promised. They genuinely care about the projects.
I've gotten some incredible deals by allowing them to research the project prior to nailing down my final lists.

Josh Vibert

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've had great experiences with Sweetwater this year. My first experience was in picking up a keyboard for my 7 y/o son starting piano lessons. I was able to talk to a "sales technician" who is a musician and recommended a great board for my budget that we've been nothing but pleased with.

Then, in December I decided to turnover my cymbal setup and they were great. Good prices, quick shipping, and no hassle returns when I got some that weren't at all what I was hoping for (or even what they should have been).

On the one

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I only ordered from Sweetwater, DFD, and Musicians Friend. They all have good prices and impeccable service. I don't know if Sweetwater is cream of the crop, there is some stiff competition out there. But I will say they have staked their claim... ;)

JDZ

Asst. Manager, rhythm section
Reaction score
They screwed up the mix of candy in my shipping box once. Too many Tootsie Rolls: not enough Bit O Honey. I was devastated and haven't bought from them since.
Well I got the "bit-o-honeys" and it pulled one of my crowns out! I'll never shop there again!

Just kidding....except for the crown. I've used them several times and was very happy. Next time, I send the bit-o-honeys to tris66.

Dave

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
They screwed up the mix of candy in my shipping box once. Too many Tootsie Rolls: not enough Bit O Honey. I was devastated and haven't bought from them since.
Yeah, if they sent only Bit O Honey I'd probably be buying more than I already do...yes I know I could just go buy some bit o honey at the store but it wouldn't come with a free cymbal! :)

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Reaction score
If you are ever in the Fort Wayne, IN area, make a point to check out their store.

It is only a 90 minute drive for me, so I go there a few times a year.

The only problem is, when I go I tend to buy something. :) Too much temptation I guess.

That's my problem.
I live 20 minutes from there.
AND when I go into Ft. Wayne I have to drive past them.

If you've never seen it, it's HUGE. They just completed another GIANT addition.
Sales Store
Recording studios
Teaching Studios
Meeting/Lecture rooms
State of the Art Theatre
Warehouse
Cafe
Live Music at lunches in their cafe.
LARGE outdoor amphitheater

And that's just the beginning.

Unfortunately, they are not quite on the 5 star drum store level. There are a few things I use that I have to order from elsewhere.

p.s. my little girls want to go there too. They have a GIANT slide for anyone to use and they love it.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
true....most of my buying from them has been Pro Audio, though I have bought some cases, sticks and heads from them which is mostly all the drum related "needs" , they do seem to have a good selection of drums and cymbals but not quite that of the Memphis Drums Shop, Pro Drum, DCP etc.

I have also always had good luck and service with Cascio/Interstate Music.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
I've used them several times. Great service and your "rep" or whatever they call them, will call you every now and then to make sure you're good on gear.

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I really like working with them. I bought mics and recording gear from them, and they were fantastic. Got me a great price too.

Latest posts