Sweetwater Music..

dangermoney

Reaction score
I also try to shop locally first but when I need something they don't have, I usually go to Sweetwater. I've bought a lot of stuff from them over the years and have never had a bad experience. Great customer service, fast shipping, and like one poster said, they're not owned by GC.

drumsanity

Reaction score
I love Sweetwater their customer service is 2nd to none!!!!...after a sale (no matter the dollar amount) they will call you to make sure you are happy and if you aren't they will make it good. The retail music stores here don't stock very much drum gear and the closest Sam Ash / Guitar Center is 50 miles away, I have used Sweetwater for a few years buying everything from electronic drum pads to heads to sticks etc.

I have ordered a 5 piece Tama Starclassic W/B in Molten Brown Burst from them that will be delivered next month.

tripp2k

Reaction score
I’ve had nothing but an A+ experience buying from Sweetwater. Lately, I’m only buying synths from them versus buying used. My buying days are waning, but I am usually a buyer of preowned gear for guitars, basses and drums/cymbals.

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
I like the salesmanship of Sweetwater and wanted to give them my business... but when Interstate has those 15-22% off MAP deals, Sweetwater won't match their price.

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you are ever in the Fort Wayne, IN area, make a point to check out their store.

It is only a 90 minute drive for me, so I go there a few times a year.

The only problem is, when I go I tend to buy something. :) Too much temptation I guess.
Yep it is a neat place. We used to go by on trips and plan a stop to look around and eat lunch there. nice people and a great facility

CC Cirillo

Reaction score
Fantastic customer service. They found a $6 part I needed for a repair that I could not find anywhere. I ended up ordering my Ludwig kit from them and they treated me like I was an endorser.

Buffalo_drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you are ever in the Fort Wayne, IN area, make a point to check out their store.

It is only a 90 minute drive for me, so I go there a few times a year.

The only problem is, when I go I tend to buy something. :) Too much temptation I guess.
They have a retail store on the front end of the warehouse?

Buffalo_drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Fantastic customer service. They found a $6 part I needed for a repair that I could not find anywhere. I ended up ordering my Ludwig kit from them and they treated me like I was an endorser.

I just had a really great customer service experience with them. Had a defective BD head, they replaced it but with the wrong head. They contacted Evans directly to get the right head sent. Evans sent me the correct head plus an additional one for me to try. Got to keep all the heads. Net result 3 brand new heads plus a defective one that still has lots of life on it.

Luddite

Mostly intentional comic relief
Reaction score
I live an hour away. That's concerning for my wife...
It's a great place, one of my favorites on the planet. I've bought a lot of stuff there, both drum, guitar and bass. Their service has always been outstanding. If you can make it to gear fest, that's a great time both to check a lot of cool stuff out and get great deals. I got an Atlas Classic hi-hat for $119 and an Atlas bass drum pedal for $129 last year.

Erik

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Really disappointed after reading this thread. I ordered a Zoom H4N as a Christmas gift to my son. Ordered Sunday morning and it shipped the same day! I received it on Tuesday, Awesome! I did not have a single piece of candy! Guess my first purchase will be my last
<_<

Seriously, I was impressed with the post sale service. They sent an email with links to set up videos that they had produced and have called two times to make sure we are satisfied with the product and service.

Jorn

Reaction score
Im in Malaysia and buy loads of instruments online. With regards to drums, I give preference to the Drum Center of Portsmouth and secondly Sweetwater. I appreciate both companies online educational stuff as well as the awesome support.
For the drums’ DCNH wins because they’re the little guys, because we know all of them from the videos and because of their enthusiasm. They don’t play like Vinnie Colaiuta in their videos - but neither do I!

With regards to Sweetwater, I’ve ordered a floor Tom on a Friday and received it following Monday in Malaysia!
I had a hihat stand arrive with a cast part broken, they replaced it free of charge incl freight all the way to Malaysia.
The rep I’m assigned to is called Mike Winebrenner and he’s first class with responses and knowledge.

They have a lot of product customer reviews and it’s my go to place to find the good stuff.

Briandisaster

Reaction score
I have used sweet water before for a black Friday special on a cymbal.
I live about 45 minutes from Drum Center of Portsmouth, they claim to be the largest drum shop in the country. It's a pretty big place and they ONLY sell drum stuff.
I have shown them a sweetwater deal on a packaged deal for some roland TD-17's, and they matched the priced. I prefer to keep it local and the drum shop was definitely willing to work with me.

gbow

Reaction score
It's a really great place and I've purchased many items from them. Customer service is 2nd to none.

But there is one thing I do not like about them! If you buy something from them, they send you a gigantic paper catalog every year. And if your wife buys you something from there for your birthday, you'll get TWO of the giant catalogs every year!

They go straight from the mailbox to the recycle bin. I've asked my rep to take me and my wife off the list for a catalog, but nope I get two every year. Arrgh!

I'm not an environmentalist nut, but I do try to do my part. Come on SweetWater, ditch the paper!

gabo

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
WOW...Incredible reputation...I hope for the drummers sake across the globe they can keep up that level of service.