Sweetwater Music..

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
But there is one thing I do not like about them! If you buy something from them, they send you a gigantic paper catalog every year. And if your wife buys you something from there for your birthday, you'll get TWO of the giant catalogs every year!

That is so funny.
I LOVE getting my catalogue when it arrives.
I just got my Winter one in yesterday!!! So excited.
I ripped open the plastic and danced with it for my wife singing "gonna get me some stuuuuuuuuffff". She was laughing so hard.

One man's trash is quite literally another man's treasure here.

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It's a really great place and I've purchased many items from them. Customer service is 2nd to none.

But there is one thing I do not like about them! If you buy something from them, they send you a gigantic paper catalog every year. And if your wife buys you something from there for your birthday, you'll get TWO of the giant catalogs every year!

They go straight from the mailbox to the recycle bin. I've asked my rep to take me and my wife off the list for a catalog, but nope I get two every year. Arrgh!

I'm not an environmentalist nut, but I do try to do my part. Come on SweetWater, ditch the paper!

gabo
I love getting the catalog. It reminds me of the days when Sears would publish its Wish Book toy catalog just prior to the holidays.

speady1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I pretty much outfitted my entire podcast studio from Sweetwater simply because of the 2-year warranty and tech-support they provide at no additional cost. It has paid off huge for me on a couple of occasions. No one else does that in the industry that I'm aware of. They have also matched prices from several different retailers for me on items I needed. Many times you can call and ask for a "best price" that will be 10-15% lower than MAP on their site. Top-notch in my book.

TheElectricCompany

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I ordered a beater from Sweetwater and it didn't show up although the tracking said it was delivered. UPS passed the buck and told me to contact the seller and when I contacted Sweetwater they shipped a replacement immediately, no questions asked.

The original beater showed up a few days later (before the replacement arrived) and when I contacted Sweetwater to let them know the rep was so thankful that I was honest and didn't just keep both. They provided a return label and when the replacement arrived it went right back into the mail. I don't know if anyone else can attest to this, but it showed me they put a lot of stock in trusting their customers and focusing on providing service without hesitation.

NDdrummer13

Reaction score
They are about 90 miles from me and much prefer giving them my money over guitar center or Sam Ash. I've purchased numerous kits, cymbals, snares, heads, sticks etc. 4 kits last year and picking up kit #1 for 2020 tomorrow.

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’ve had nothing but an A+ experience buying from Sweetwater. Lately, I’m only buying synths from them versus buying used. My buying days are waning, but I am usually a buyer of preowned gear for guitars, basses and drums/cymbals.
As I recall, that was how they started out. I think it was the very early 80's, synthesizers were evolving and expensive, not many mom 'n pop stores could afford to "stock up" on them, but then we heard of this magical place that specialized in them, it was "mail order only," but you could drive down and visit. The keyboard players loved it! Then it became many other things.

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It's a really great place and I've purchased many items from them. Customer service is 2nd to none.

They go straight from the mailbox to the recycle bin. I've asked my rep to take me and my wife off the list for a catalog, but nope I get two every year. Arrgh!

I'm not an environmentalist nut, but I do try to do my part. Come on SweetWater, ditch the paper!

gabo
I LIKE getting real catalogues, but only from a few select businesses, like Sweetwater, Cascio, etc. I refer to them constantly throughout the year and get to stay more off-screen that way (a personal goal of mine).

tommykat1

DFO Star
Reaction score
If Amazon Prime doesn't have it, I go to Sweetwater, GC or the others. Also, some of the big names have "storefronts" on Amazon now.

Ray Dee Oh King

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My favorite online shop. Great people, and the service is top notch IMO. Always pack things very well, willing to work deals if you call in, and the candy is a plus.

Pounder

DFO Star
Reaction score
Sweet water has good service and they follow up well. Prices very competitive. I see them heading Guitar Center online and maybe Amazon for online purchases.

drummer5359

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I do my best to buy from local brick and mortar establishments, but sometimes I can only find what I need online. When I'm buying online it is usually from Sweetwater.

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Reaction score
FYI
For those not in the area and would like the "tour"

This was set up several years ago. There is A LOT more there now.

tris66

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I dropped my Drum Dial last year. I finally forgave myself for my stupidity and decided to order a new one. (Damn those things make tuning snares so much easier.) I remembered this thread and how I might not get a catalog in the mail if I didn't order something. Got on the Sweetwater site and popped a head and a Drum Dial in the basket. Because of my previous snarky remark I added a comment in the comment box. (see pic.) I got a call a couple hours later.... typical Sweetwater follow up. Very nice young man. He said he saw my comment and was going to send some extra Bit-O-Honey. I was laughing my ass off and had to explain it to him. He got a good laugh, too. Sweetwater? Excellent. I was just joking. New Drum Dial and extra Bit-O-Honey on the way! Life is good.

Attachments

Rudy Mints

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you're anywhere near, or traveling close to the North East Indiana (Fort Wayne) vicinity well worth a visit to Store / Warehouse. Gear Fest is a must for all things music related - Guitars, Key Boards, Electronics, Brass, Drums and Master Classes with the best Engineers, and Players in the Industry.

Regards, Rudy

jtpaistegeist

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Love Sweetwater! I REALLY wish they would up their cymbal game and bring in Mehmet, Agop, Bosphorus.

Latest posts