Sweetwater Music..

shiek_yerbouti

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I love Sweetwater. I've made many purchases with them. Best of all, my Gretsch Renown Maple Gloss kit. Got a great deal on the kit and amazing service.

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Also noticed a Long & McQuade. At first, Thought it was a ladies shoe store. Or Gun Shop Or Western Wear store.... but nope.

Also Reverb seems in the promotional also business.
Didn't notice Chicago Music Exchange think they're big.
Long & McQuade is Canada's answer to GC. Is it necessary to elaborate? Grandma taught me to dwell on the positive.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
Sweetwater is a darn good music store before you factor in their customer service relative to their competition. When you add that in... Well, they have no competitors if you combine those factors.

I do try to buy from Sweetwater even if it's a few bucks cheaper elsewhere. But.. their drum head selection stinks, and even their strings are a bit limited if you get too far off the median.

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Reaction score
their drum head selection stinks, and even their strings are a bit limited if you get too far off the median.
If you're looking for Regal Tip Brushes, look elsewhere. Biggest name in brushes and they don't carry any.

Angelo Zollo

Reaction score
Sweetwater has been my go to for a number of years now as most of the others (Musician's Friend, Music 123, Woodwind etc) are all owned by GC. Sweetwater has great service and pretty much if it's made they have it, I still try to buy local but I also support Sweetwater enough so that they will keep being an option.
I also use them exclusively and they are now in the midst of a large expansion

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
I know a couple folks that only buy at sweetwater because they can do payments over time. The guitarist and leader of one of the bands I play in buys a ton of stuff from them because of their payment plans. He does get great service from them.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I just bought a MOTU usb interface and a Rode usb mic from them. Easy! I always enjoy the crack they put in the boxes. My favorite is the Bit O Honey! Bad for my dental work but very good for my dentist...
9498D108-E224-4F19-8190-05C7C970409F.jpeg

Last edited:

JOE COOL

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
i have dealt with them a few times in the past ....as alf used to always say...no problem