Tackle

Josh Vibert

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My cymbal bag's seen better days and the zipper on my Vater stick bag's broken. Looking at the Tackle 22" backpack thing and their stick roll. Anyone have this stuff? Good, bad, ugly?

scaramanga

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Good: Very well made. If you're into the look, it looks great. Makes you feel like a grownup.

Bad: It's a bag, and won't hold its form for you tp drop cymbals into, like a Pro Racket.

Worst: the floppy cymbal dividers get in the way, but what is unforgivable is that each divider has a leather tag which is attached via a metal rivet and that thing is more than happy to scratch your cymbal on the way in or out.

Josh Vibert

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Good: Very well made. If you're into the look, it looks great. Makes you feel like a grownup.

Bad: It's a bag, and won't hold its form for you tp drop cymbals into, like a Pro Racket.

Worst: the floppy cymbal dividers get in the way, but what is unforgivable is that each divider has a leather tag which is attached via a metal rivet and that thing is more than happy to scratch your cymbal on the way in or out.
Eeeesh. That last bit is ugh.

I'm using an almost 20 year old 22" Zildjian bag that I think came free from Guitar center with a 20" K Custom Dark Ride I bought. It has very flimsy vinyl/polyester dividers. My cymbals at this point are brand new 22" K Con MTL, 20" K Con Ren, 20" K Cluster crash and then that same old 20" K Custom Dark Ride I got the bag with, but with 3 rivets. I want dividers to keep the rivets from scratching the new K's.

Maybe I should just go Protection Racket to match the rest of my cases?

pedro navahas

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have the bag and love it!
There is a backpack in the for sale section!

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

I bought this bag a couple of weeks ago. Nicely padded full length dividers. I fit a 3 ring binder for lyrics in the front pocket along with a few odds and ends. There is a pocket for a couple pairs of sticks in the front but I wish that pocket was slightly deeper as it is a little tight zipping that pocket up with standard 16" sticks. I thought I might miss a dedicated hi hat pocket on the front but I don't as there are plenty of pockets inside. The bag can hold 24" cymbals. The bag is very sturdy. I bought the separate backpack straps but I don't know if I would do it again. With every cymbal pocket loaded up including a 24" ride it gets hefty and throwing it on and off the back it isn't as convenient as I thought. For the quality and features of this bag, I think its pretty hard to beat.

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It's a great looking bag. Reminds me of fly fishing. I don't think I'd personally pay that much though.

scaramanga

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Eeeesh. That last bit is ugh.

I'm using an almost 20 year old 22" Zildjian bag that I think came free from Guitar center with a 20" K Custom Dark Ride I bought. It has very flimsy vinyl/polyester dividers. My cymbals at this point are brand new 22" K Con MTL, 20" K Con Ren, 20" K Cluster crash and then that same old 20" K Custom Dark Ride I got the bag with, but with 3 rivets. I want dividers to keep the rivets from scratching the new K's.

Maybe I should just go Protection Racket to match the rest of my cases?
Steez though. Nice to have steez.

paul

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My ex gave me an Ahead cymbal bag for Christmas several years ago. It's seen steady use, and is holding up very well. I use 22" ride, 22" china, 18", 16", 14" crashes, 14" hats, with padded dividers between each cymbal, although the splashes all share a pocket.

Latest posts