Take a Look How Someone Built This Snare Drum!

Speedy Keen

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got this snare yesterday with some other stuff. It's a 15" diameter. I needed a 15" , Ten hole snare side rim. I looked at the top of this drum and thought great, a nice Slingerland 10 hole snare side rim. Wrong, when I looked closer. I think someone local built this drum from a cut down marching drum shell. I doubt it was intended to be like this. My guess is someone had a 10 hole top rim and an 8 hole snare side. The snare side head is broken, so I don't know what it sounds like. Just thought you might enjoy this.

Attachments

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dunno Speedy ; ? it just set off an eye ache (thnaks..

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
This must be a case of "I'm going to build a working snare drum and the goal is to not spend any money on it, to just use all the parts I have lying around my parts bin". They certainly achieved that! Funny thing is, if the snare beds were cut well, it might sound very good.

Deafmoon

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Make a planter out of it. There is too much hardware on that drum with the single lugs drilled all over the shell.

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Make a planter out of it. There is too much hardware on that drum with the single lugs drilled all over the shell.

Although the 70s Slingerland Buddy Rich snares are the exact same way.