TALK ME DOWN! I really want this cool maple drum set... BUT I do not have room! WHAT DO I DO?

mydadisjr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have always wanted one of these Made in Mexico PDP LX maple sets... this is the exact finish I want, plus the set has the fairly rare 10 lug bass (most PDP 22" basses are 8 lug) AND it includes a 10 lug matching snare PLUS lotsa hardware... the price is really good.

I have wanted this exact set for years. Now here it is in my neighborhood (craigslist).

Problem is I already have three sets including a really cool Premier Artist Maple set in the same sizes also with a 10 lug 22" kick.

I do not want to sell the Premiers, and I really do not have room for a fourth set.

BUT I WANT 'EM BAAAD!! Do I sell the Premiers and get these?

00Y0Y_2DbBzVF6XXDz_0jm0ew_1200x900.jpg

DSC_0014.JPG

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think some creative stacking is in your future.

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
If it's only room, like the other's have said, stack them bad boys. If it's a money thing... No! Don't sell.
You go to the liquor store and wave a gun around and take what's in the register...... no that's not a good idea, can't play 'em if you're in the slammer. So just forget the gun/liquor store thing.
How about a Kickstarter pitch that shows the kit and you talk up how bad you want 'em, and how you almost held up a liquor store to get 'em and what not... Heck, I may be willing to donate $1.32 right here and now to just that very cause! I'm going to check the couch for any loose change that may have dropped out of pocket to see if I can even cover that pledge...

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
what's the other (you own) two sets
once we know we can evaluate whether to put one or the other of them on the block too

mydadisjr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
what's the other (you own) two sets
once we know we can evaluate whether to put one or the other of them on the block too
I use all three sets... Premiers are set up in the home studio for recording/ rock practicing. Other two sets are an inexpensive SPL "Street Bop" with an 18" kick that I practice jazz on a lot (actually a very nice set for the $$), the other is a newer Yamaha SCB with a 20" bass, stacked and ready to take out for the occasional gig. Do not really want to sell any of them.

yamaha SCB (2).JPG

000000117383901-00-2000x2000.jpg

Commodore

Reaction score
I like what you have...

Maybe you've grown some since you first wanted PDP's?

Last edited:

CaptainCrunch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Unless it will make money tight, get 'em. Not all they're cracked up to be, you learned something. Good enough to kick one of your current kits out of the house, you learned something.

I just finished up detailing it's cousin, a 10/12/14/22 CX from the first year or two where that line was lacquer. I'll probably sell it, but it's well made for what used ones go for and it's the opposite of the rest of my kits, so I figure I've learned something.

drummer5359

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My first reaction is that if they check that many boxes for you, you have to buy them!

On the other hand, I REALLY like those Premiers. You don't want to sell those!

I understand the space issue. At one point I owned nine kits. I got the crazy idea to scale back. I sold a bunch of kits and bought a shell bank. Now I own three shell packs and a shell bank. Recently for laughs I counted how many pieces total were in the kits that I sold to make room. Then I counted the total pieces in the shell bank. I ended up having the exact same number of pieces...

The short answer is, don't listen to me.

:D

covinasurf

Reaction score
Don’t sell the Premiers. That being said I really like my LX kit and at the prices these go for these days they are a great buy. Does it come with the 16?

CC Cirillo

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I note that you used capital letters and an exclamation point while talking about PDP drums.

I don’t recall ever seeing that on this forum regarding this particular brand. With a hanging floor tom.

Based on your desire and genuine respect for what has fallen into your lap, I think you deserve to have them.