Tama 2019 Starclassic Walnut/Birch & more

Neal Pert

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Price lists yet?

Funny-- I wish they'd have a couple more conservative finishes in the Performer line. They're very tempting, still, but if they'd had a straight natural Walnut I'd probably be on the phone with a dealer checking on prices already.

Bri6366

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Price lists yet?

Funny-- I wish they'd have a couple more conservative finishes in the Performer line. They're very tempting, still, but if they'd had a straight natural Walnut I'd probably be on the phone with a dealer checking on prices already.
I guess the piano black is for me.

Pimp-a-diddle

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Will definitely check out. It's going to be pretty hard to beat the sound of the BB's though. With the exception of Sonorlite, the Tama BB's were the best thing to ever happen to a plank of birch. Also, no more nice, dark blue colors either. I really liked that "Blue Nebula Blaze". That was tight.

Pimp-a-diddle

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nice selection of component drums too. I'll always give props to companies that offer legitimate selection options to their customers in the mid-price range.
There's nothing worse than producing a great shell aimed at the mid-price point and then offering only a 20" and a 22" kick drum and a damned 14" "floor tom". Seriously? You can't provide a suspended 14" tom and a 24" kick instead of a 22" which hasn't been "the rage" since the 19 fucking 60's?!?!?! Furthermore, a 22" kick isn't even a good middle ground between a 20" and a 24"! It's truly the most useless of kicks, and I'll never own one again.

Sorry, but some of the things these companies do just pisses me off! :D

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So 1 ply thinner all around....same number of Birch but one less of the Walnut (as opposed to the Bubinga)? Does Walnut produce a darker sound and therefore 1 less ply to equate to the 3 Bubinga?

Latest posts