Tama Artstar ES Kit Value

rockysmith

Reaction score
Hi All,

My friend has a Tama Artstar ES kit. He bought it 7 years ago and hasn't really played it, so would like to sell it.

He listed it on Facebook marketplace for $400 and received heaps of offers, so is thinking it may be worth more.

Does anyone know how much a kit like this would go for? I have had a google, but can't really find anything.

It has 2 x Zildjian ZBT cymbals and one with no brand on it.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rocky

Attachments

dale w miller

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
For those who know, I think better pictures would help. That said, I cannot see it being more than $600-$800. The cymbals are probably all but worthless to anyone other than someone with little money or is a beginner.

rockysmith

Reaction score
Ok thanks very much - I wasn't sure what kind of a kit the Artstar ES is (beginner, pro etc). I will get some better pictures.

levelpebble

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes, the ES is in no way comparable to any of the other Artstar models. I would be happy to get $400 out of one. But then again, I wouldn't ever buy one, even to flip.

Targalx

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sold my three piece for $360 a few years ago. If people do the research, they will realize that the ES is very different from the other Artstar kits. I’ve owned both.

Kiwisounddesigner

Reaction score
If anybody have the black 14" or 16" tama artstar es tom and keen to sell it, please let me know. I was give a kit 22" kick 12" rack and 18" floor tom. Even thou that is sounds pretty decent, the jump from 12 to 18 is away too big so I want to put one in between to complete this kit. I am based in New Zealand so I'll have to ship that. Cheers

bodinski

the Tingler
Reaction score
I put together a monster ES double bass kit and really regret selling it. The shells are essentially Rockstar but they do sound great.