Tama Artstar info?

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Is that the kit in Severna Park?
Never heard of Severna Park?
I got it from some neighbors that were moving. It was there Son's who used it briefly.
I didn't know that had it, until the asked me if I wanted it, as they were moving to SC, and didn't have the room.
Really nice people. I gave them a few bucks for it, as I felt it was the right thing.
They're happy they got rid of it.
I'm happy I got a nice kit, cymbals, hardware, etc.
This was never on Ebay, or anything like that.
Although I did see a similar kit, but w/2 different sized bass drums on Ebay, when I went to see about how much they may go for.

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
Someone in Severna Park, about 8 miles from me, had a a huge kit with oversized toms for sale a few months back.

PistolPete44

Reaction score
I've been intending on looking at a Tama Artstar to purchase for a while now, but things kept popping up.
I'm finally going to get a chance to see it in a bit.
I know about a few things about the kit.
They have been sitting in cases since the 80's
It has the Cordia finish,
2 24 inch kicks, but don't know how many, or sizes of toms.
Camco pedals (and type of hardware IDK?)
Cymbals (idk what cymbals he has?), stands, everything included to play.
Now, I've seen some big disparities in prices online. I've seen as low as $600, all the way up to 7K.
Besides the condition of the kit, is there anything I should be looking for? Type of badge, any specific snare, anything else?
From what I've read, I believe the kit is birch, and Cordia.
Any info on the Tama Artstar would be greatly appreciated.
This photo is the exact setup I ordered when they were released except I had a matching snare. 4 black octabons chimes and Paiste All around. The tag is the correct one that I grabbed from the internet. I’m trying to find out if the new Reissue Artstar kit is exacting the same as my kit in 83 except the new ones do not come with the correct Artstar badge like the original.

Attachments

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That's sweet! I had no idea they were reissuing them?
What happened with the original kit ya had? You didn't leave it at your folks, did ya?

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
"I’m trying to find out if the new Reissue Artstar kit is exacting the same as my kit in 83... "

PistolPete,
I can find no news whatsoever on Tama reissuing the Artstar series.
Where did you see this news?

Elvis

PistolPete44

Reaction score
That's sweet! I had no idea they were reissuing them?
What happened with the original kit ya had? You didn't leave it at your folks, did ya?
Memphis Drumshop has a 6.5x14 Artstar Cordia Snare drum. Thats what sparked my interest and I came across this thread so I posted a comment. I ran into some tough times and sold the kit but it has shown up thru the years in my area a couple times for sale again. It's too much kit for me nowadays. Also, I had my name SCOOT engraved on the extra Tama Plates that were sent with the kit too and had those installed on the opposite side of the 4 tom shells. I have photos of the kit (live shots from back then but they are in a box somewhere) lol!

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Memphis Drumshop has a 6.5x14 Artstar Cordia Snare drum. Thats what sparked my interest and I came across this thread so I posted a comment. I ran into some tough times and sold the kit but it has shown up thru the years in my area a couple times for sale again. It's too much kit for me nowadays. Also, I had my name SCOOT engraved on the extra Tama Plates that were sent with the kit too and had those installed on the opposite side of the 4 tom shells. I have photos of the kit (live shots from back then but they are in a box somewhere) lol!
What's with the reissued kits? Where did you get that info?

Latest posts