header.nohb.html

Tama Coffin Lug nut stopper

TillM

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I got 10x Tama coffin snare lugs. But these have springs (maybe the nylon lug stopper was broken ?).
My question is, which material can I use to make a repro of the nylon lug stopper or is it possible to buy some, which will fit.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Best regards,
Till

varatrodder

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
DFD has a few different nylon inserts available. They may have one that fits your lugs. Scroll down on this link and you'll see them mixed in with the swivel nuts and springs.

varatrodder

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I wonder if modern Tama inserts would fit. Any Tama dealer in Germany could order them for you.

You could also try ST Drums to see if they can order some generic versions.

Tommy D

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It's too bad you live in Germany. I bought a bunch of Royalstar lugs a few years back and have a whole bunch of rubber inserts left over.

TillM

Reaction score
I wonder if modern Tama inserts would fit. Any Tama dealer in Germany could order them for you.

You could also try ST Drums to see if they can order some generic versions.

The Tama stopper cost 1,75€ for one.
Gerd Stegner just have springs and don’t sell the black nylon lug stoppers.
Which material is used for that, im really thinking about to make them on my own.
They a 3mm thick and 19mm x 14mm long.

varatrodder

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
When I need to make just a few of some pieces, I go to the hardware store and see what I can find that I can repurpose. For example, here we have an Ace Hardware that has a pretty good selection of specialty fasteners, washers and plumbing parts. Sometimes I can find a piece that just needs to be modified to work. You might be able to find some plumbing gasket material that could be turned into the stoppers you need.

TillM

Reaction score
I found some hard rubber with 3mm thickness.
I will try that and cut it with my razor blade or cutter knife.
Hopefully it will work.

bubo

Reaction score
Is that the part you are looking for? Just found a broken coffin lug after i already answered... thus editing this post:

Dimensions seem to match yours.

I would consider 3-D Printing. Don´t go hurt yourself messing around with cutters at those small pieces... :rolleyes:
If you are not in a hurry i might have a solution by monday and report back.
Will also PM you.

IMG_0938[1].JPG

Last edited:

bubo

Reaction score
Just a follow up regarding my previous post:

Made some good progress in 3D-printing the requested part.

Material used: TPU
Wanted some high flexibilty as well as abrasion resistance due to the tuning screw going through the slot.
Also has some good rate of dampening, thus eliminating rattle.

I am not able to run batches of those regulary or in higher batch-sizes since i don´t own that printer myself.
Also would not make much sense economically since prices for those injection molded parts e.g. @ www.drumfactorydirect.com can not be achieved with additive manufacturing.

Could provide 3d STEP and STL files on request. Can´t attach these formats right here.

TCLNS.JPG

cheers,
herman