Tama Drum Throne Glide Rider Hydraulix VS Roc n Soc Nitro

harry

Reaction score
I'm thinking it's time to make a change to a more comfortable throne. I have two Tama 1st chairs.. Ergo that I never use and a round that I like. Both are build like a tank. So, a friend has the Roc n Soc nitro and loves it. He said after buying it a few years ago, his back started feeling better. Now because I'm a fan of Tama, I was thinking about the glide rider Hydraulix. Anyone here have the Tama and if so, what do you think. Like to hear what ya'll think.????
Thanks..

Wackerman12345

Reaction score
I have the Tama hydraulix... Work just perfect!! I use it since 10 years and it's The best chair in my opinion! Very confortable, reliable and sturdy but Heavyweight!

jptrickster

DFO Star
Reaction score
yup R&S nitro saved my lower back. I feel great after a gig.
I think there all good its just a matter of personal preference.

Tommy D

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have a nitro and a hydraulix. The seat on the nitro is pretty firm where the Tama has a bit of cushion and dimples for your sit bones. I tend to sit pretty forward on my thrones, so the hump on the Nitro's bicycle seat can be... uncomfortable. The Tama seat has no bump and allows me to play a bit more freely.

Both are great and neither hurt my back. The Nitro is about 15 years old and still looks like new. The Tama is a couple years old and the fabric has fold/crimp lines permanently in it. So the Nitro may take more abuse than the Tama, but only time will tell.

harry

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice...sounds like they are both very good chairs! Guitar Center had the Roc n Soc on sale for $148...so I went with it. Really like it so far. The little bounce you get seems to take some pressure off my lower back. The seat is real comfortable..more so than my round seat.

tillerva

Forum Guru...yeh right :p
Reaction score
I posted basically the same post a little bit ago and ended up getting the R&S. I was having back troubles and it has helped tremendously.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
What I like about Tama is the plastic inserts on the legs of the throne save the rubber feet. I went through two sets on my R & S (basically a Gibraltar base) but in 10 years time my Tamas are still perfect.