Tama Dyna-Sync Double Pedal. Love it!

bleen

Reaction score
I've noticed there's a very real difference between Speed Cobra and DW users. And I've discussed this with a friend. Every time I sit down to a Speed Cobra I'm like " I CANNOT play this pedal." Too light, no throw in the beater. It doesn't produce enough sound. They're REALLY different...
I feel that way about both the Speed Cobra and DWs, and it's why I've never moved beyond Iron Cobras with the Power Glide cam until now. I also put Tama's heavy duty springs on my ICs because I want even more "whip" action at the top of the stroke. I've been able to get this kind of behaviour (and a similarly "heavy" feel that I prefer) from the Dyna-Sync with only an adjustment to the cam and adding tension to the springs.

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Read my response above #8.
Thanks halldorl, I did. :) In fact, it was your description as "powerful" that got me reconsidering one of these. I'm just hoping to elicit a couple more opinions on its power before I take the plunge.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I tried one and couldn't get it to feel as light as my Speed Cobra. It still felt heavy no matter what setting I adjusted. What kind of settings are you guys using? A friend of mine, who plays DW 9000 pedals (which I find to feel too heavy) loves it. It IS very responsive and powerful.
I use the default settings and that’s the shiznet for me. I tried moving the top setting (as you’re looking down on the pedal) and I always came back to the middle position.

Roch

DFO Master
Reaction score
Wow! What a pedal..just played with it a bit, and went through a few Colin Bailey exercises and it looked at me and went "Pshh"! I'm not worthy..need to adust the foot board angle as it seems to go down a bit too far than what I am used to..

Markkuliini

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow, tried it at the shop and compared it with few others size by side, and I was so impressed that I bought one. Wasn't planning to get a new pedal at all. Cool how your can very easily adjust it to feel like a light direct drive pedal or as beefy and powerful as my Dw 9000. Impressive engineering!

IMG_20190820_132847.jpg

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow, tried it at the shop and compared it with few others size by side, and I was so impressed that I bought one. Wasn't planning to get a new pedal at all. Cool how your can very easily adjust it to feel like a light direct drive pedal or as beefy and powerful as my Dw 9000. Impressive engineering!

View attachment 407164
Indeed, it’s a very impressive piece of hardware.

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
How does the Dyna-Sync compare to Pearl Demon Direct Drive?
A lot more powerful.

The Dyna-Sync combines the speed and light action from direct drive pedals and power from conventional chain drive pedals. Amazing piece of gear really.

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Looks like no guitar centers have them in the stores. Do any music stores have any available to try?

SpinaDude

Reaction score
I sampled one very quickly at Alto in NY. Seemed very smooth and responsive. I really need to take it home for a solid test.

Last edited:

tararisin

Reaction score
Got to say, the price put me back some at $650 but my local drum shop owner asked me to try it out for free. I played it last night at an indoor club gig with my Funk/Classic Rock band and and today with my Petty band at an outdoor concert. I'm sold. I am a Speed Cobra guy. I have to say the direct drive pedal I tried in the past (an Axis) left me not feeling I had enough power. but this pedal, the result I got my immediate and powerful. I didn't really mess with the
tension at all or the adjustment because everything felt, well perfect.

Tomorrow, I'll be plunking down the cash. Oh, and I'm going to sell my SC. I still have two others, (one for my studio and one in Florida) and those will not get replaced.

View attachment 405238
Ugh that local drum shop sounds insanely fun!!

SpinaDude

Reaction score
So I wonder if TAMA is gonna make a matching HH Stand for all of the OCD drummers out there ;-)
LOL I was thinking the same thing. And then what about their remote hats? I may wind up with three different pedal looks. My head may explode!

Latest posts