TAMA King Beat snare

tmc333

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I saw a 6.5x14" with die cast hoops on the used rack at a local drum store last summer for $80.

Let me know where and when you saw one for $80. PM me at you soonest convenience

ObiWan

Hillbilly Drummist
Reaction score
I have one of the 6.5" purple T-badge Swingstars, which was basically one of their entry-level models then. Beat up, no muffler...but with a coated PS3 batter and 40-strand Puresounds, it is an amazing sounding snare. Gives me a perfect alternative to my Acro and Supra.

tamadrm

DFO Master
Reaction score
I think they are an amazing sounding drum.I have a KB 6 1/2x 13 with diecast hoops and it has a huge tuning range.You have to be careful not to crank it up too high,because those lugs can't take the high tension.Rim shots are like gunfire and really loud.

I agree that they should go for 350 and up in very good condition,but is this economy,I wouldn't pay more that 275 for a 9 out of 10 drum

Steve B

barryabko

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a 6.5" Imperialstar with roller guides, and 5.5" earlier and later versions of the Kingbeats. All three have die cast hoops. I think they are excellent snares and rival my 5.5" Rogers DynaSonic, Ludwig Supraphonic and Sonor ferros.

Barry

Snooter

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Aurora ,Indiana (south west from Cinci Oh)
Call me a bit whacko,I own 5 of these beasts. Only one 6x14. I will say that these snares when adjusted right are awesome. A little tricky getting the paralell strainer dialed in,but man when you do,look out. These are some of Tamas finest snares for sure. $350 for a great condition all original in good working order is not a bad price. Put it this way,I wouldn't sell mine for less. These drums are worth buying and are collectable as well. The 6x14's are rarely seen for sale. Go play it,if it doesn't move you don't buy it. I think it will though. Good luck ,keep us posted :occasion5:

mudjacker2

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yep....one of the best steel shells ever(if not THE best).....having owned hundreds(if not thousands) of snare drums, this is my everyday player. My preference is the 5x14 version, but I own em all. Called it blasphemy, but I think these drums sound way better than any supra Ive ever owned and almost exactly like my SS black beauty. Still one of the best values out there, you just cant go wrong with a king beat!

hefty

DFO Master
Reaction score
I know nothing about Tama, but here's an Imperialstar of some sort (sans die cast hoops) on Seattle CL for $150:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/3084302915.html

It's been on there for weeks.

tillerva

Forum Guru...yeh right :p
Reaction score
Think I'm going toout look at an 8075, shown above with the lever strainer. What should those go for?

tillerva

Forum Guru...yeh right :p
Reaction score
Its got orig. Dc hoops but not original snares.

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Think I'm going toout look at an 8075, shown above with the lever strainer. What should those go for?
As with most used drums, it depends on condition.
Any dents or pitting?

Low value - maybe 100, but top dollar shape can bring 250 - 300 if it's all there and gleaming.
See my two ebay links above.

Good luck!

Base

Reaction score
Since the question about the availability of the snare wires came up:
I´ve got two sets of original ones -one is slightly used and one brand new. Whoever wants/needs them could have them for the cost of shipping since I´ve no use for them - but be aware, that I live in Europe!