Tama Mastercraft snare wires?

poot

Penncrest Endorser
Reaction score
Where can I get a replacement set of wires for an '80s Superstar snare with the Mastercraft strainer? Length is 15.5 inches, including end tabs. Tama's own website was inconclusive; doesn't look like Puresound makes anything in that length.

Thanks!

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Tim,
Do you mean the wires with one large hole in each tab that fit into the Tama KG parallel strainers found on King-Beat, Imperialstar and Mastercraft snares?

If so, boy, I think those may be difficult to find anymore.

poot

Penncrest Endorser
Reaction score
EvEnStEvEn said:
Tim,
Do you mean the wires with one large hole in each tab that fit into the Tama KG parallel strainers found on King-Beat, Imperialstar and Mastercraft snares?

If so, boy, I think those may be difficult to find anymore.
Yes, as shown in photo. I'm trying to find a set of wires for a friend. I've had my 8x14 Superstar snare since 1983.

brhythm

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Can't any Tama dealer order them for you. Last I knew, they were still listed in the catalog.

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score

Ptrick

Reaction score
REBOOT! Anyone know where to get the extended wires for the Mastercraft roller system?
Nothing commercially available specifically for that system for years (although the Gibraltar extended wires and Pearl free floating wires will work), best I’ve seen are from a guy from the Tama Facebook forum who makes some replica ones.

loach71

Reaction score
Nothing commercially available specifically for that system for years (although the Gibraltar extended wires and Pearl free floating wires will work), best I’ve seen are from a guy from the Tama Facebook forum who makes some replica ones.

That guy is Kevin Cundy of Airdire, Alberta Canada. He manufactures snare wires for Tama Kingbeat and Mastercraft snare drums. His products are of excellent quality. He can be reached on Facebook or EBay.

BennyK

DFO Master
Reaction score

Latest posts