Tama snare, vintage COW

tmc333

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
COW: New looking except for a long bubble in the wrap. See pictures for the defect and ply makeup. I`m not positive on whether it is primarily maple or birch but please feel free to chime in if you are a Tama expert.
$175 plus shipping/fees

Now $150 plus shipping

Attachments

Last edited:

tmc333

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
bump with editing, brass 6.5 previously listed will be shipped out tomorrow.

COW 6.5 left for sale or trade offers

tmc333

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
bump , make cash or trade offers if interested

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Tama Freedom Lug/Artstar snare from the 1988-1993 era. I have one of these 10 luggers in Birch with cherry wine finish, double roller snare beds. Yours is COW, that's something I didn't know. I figured all (or nearly) of Tama's chrome finish snares from 1977-1993 were basically COS. Tama was basically all into Birch drums in that era. More than likely Birch...and typically paired with the Granstar/Granstar 2 drum kits. Original snare wires replaced with more recent Starclassic wires. 6 ply based on your photo....which was the most often seen birch shell in the 1980's.

Last edited:

tmc333

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Tama Freedom Lug/Artstar snare from the 1988-1993 era. I have one of these 10 luggers in Birch with cherry wine finish, double roller snare beds. Yours is COW, that's something I didn't know. I figured all (or nearly) of Tama's chrome finish snares from 1977-1993 were basically COS. Tama was basically all into Birch drums in that era. More than likely Birch...and typically paired with the Granstar/Granstar 2 drum kits. Original snare wires replaced with more recent Starclassic wires. 6 ply based on your photo....which was the most often seen birch shell in the 1980's.
Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated.

mgdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Actually those aren’t Freedom lugs on this drum. This is the snare that would have come with the early 90’s Rockstar Pro kits. The lugs are wider than the Freedom lugs but were designed to mimic the look.