TAMA STARCLASSIC B/B 4-PIECE DRUM SET (22" BASS, 10/12/14") - Value?

DudemanSeattle

Reaction score
Hey Tama guru's - Need your input on this kit.

I am the 2nd owner of a TAMA STARCLASSIC B/B 4-PIECE DRUM SET- (22" BASS, 10/12/14") in a rare Black Clouds / Silver Linings premium finish in flawless condition.

Believe this was built in 2012 and contemplating selling due to a recent Vintage Sonor purchase although not a must to do so.

I have seperate combo Hi Tom / Cymbal heavy duty stands that I purchased (1 Pearl / 1 Tama) and generic travel padded cases that I may / may not include.

Curious what would be the price range I should post this set for in your expert opinion - shell only vs stands and cases?

Here is a recent photo and thanks for the advice.

Attachments

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Oh, I'm so sorry to inform you that this particular kit is only worth maybe $250 at best. BUT, good news for you, I'm feeling generous this evening and am willing to offer $300 assuming you will throw in the cases and finance the purchase price!

But seriously, that is a stunning set! I'm sure the Tama guys will provide your answers, I just wanted to say sweet set. Are you enjoying the Sonor's? Im in serious lust over them so far!

DudemanSeattle

Reaction score
Thank you F.D. for the feedback! Digging the Vintage Sonor Phonics - Beechwoods so far - a real bold / powerful sound for certain.

Hard to part with the Tama kit - on the fence on that decision but may be 1 set too many.

Rhyma Hop

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
DudemanSeattle said:
Curious what would be the price range I should post this set for
DUdeman..... I think they go for around $1700 new so maybe try $1200 to $1100 ??

Just a guess.

And that finish is one of the most badass things I've ever seen. Some people don't realize it's a PAINTED finish. They had a couple other special edition colors with that type of finish and they were so cool.

mfryed2112

DFO Master
Reaction score
I owned and sold a tama b/b kit, nice finish, but if your serious about selling, don't set your sights to high. Sell your cases and stands separately. I'm thinking 900.00 for the drums on a good day.