Tama Starclassic Maple Bop Kit Back on the Market

Neal Pert

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hey, guys,

Here's an excellent + condition Tama Starclassic Bop Kit in a natural satin finish. Phenomenal sound and appearance-- just perfect. Tama does these right.

Standard bop sizes: 14x18, 14x14, 8x12 with mount and floor tom legs. Heads are all in perfect shape and are as follows: Coated Ambassador batters on all three drums; clear ambassador resos on toms, and a smooth white PS3 with a Tama logo sticker (see first pic). Note: bass drum heads pictured on professional shots are NOT included.

In the interest of full disclosure: There is some slight finish checking on the inside of the batter bass drum hoop in the form of a few little lines that run across the interior of the hoop. These are invisible from most angles and in most lighting, but can be seen under bright daylight. They are NOT structural-- the hoop is solid. I've positioned these under the bass drum pedal and will install a Kenner leather hoop protector over top.

Extremely thorough photo album of these drums at every angle is here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/53NTUVYAbxTonpXC9

Email at marktshiner at gmail dot com.

$1299 + ship in the CONUS.

Starclassic Bop.JPG

IMG_4811.jpg

IMG_4812.jpg

IMG_4813.jpg

IMG_4814.jpg

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Love that color and cast hoops! Alas, I'm not a fan of bop kits, though. GLWS.

GeeDeeEmm

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Too bad you arent looking a round badge bebop kit.

I might be tempted to trade/cash

Dang those are beautiful

Matched Gripper

Reaction score
Hey, guys,

Here's an excellent + condition Tama Starclassic Bop Kit in a natural satin finish. Phenomenal sound and appearance-- just perfect. Tama does these right.

Standard bop sizes: 14x18, 14x14, 8x12 with mount and floor tom legs. Heads are all in perfect shape and are as follows: Coated Ambassador batters on all three drums; clear ambassador resos on toms, and a smooth white PS3 with a Tama logo sticker (see first pic). Note: bass drum heads pictured on professional shots are NOT included.

In the interest of full disclosure: There is some slight finish checking on the inside of the batter bass drum hoop in the form of a few little lines that run across the interior of the hoop. These are invisible from most angles and in most lighting, but can be seen under bright daylight. They are NOT structural-- the hoop is solid. I've positioned these under the bass drum pedal and will install a Kenner leather hoop protector over top.

Extremely thorough photo album of these drums at every angle is here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/53NTUVYAbxTonpXC9

Email at marktshiner at gmail dot com.

$1299 + ship in the CONUS.

Starclassic Bop.JPG

IMG_4811.jpg

IMG_4812.jpg

IMG_4813.jpg

IMG_4814.jpg
Beautiful! Love the coated bass drum batter head! The color looks a bit more brown in some pics and more yellow in others.

Last edited:

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a beautiful set, and I admit I have a soft spot in my heart for a natural maple finish. I like the way the natural colors in maple become richer and more enhanced as the shells age. I would definitely buy this if I had any need for those sizes.

Neal Pert

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Bump. Would consider trades for some mics +/- cash (Neumann KM184 pair, SM57s, other great snare mics) or some K Cons (especially crashes and older MTH/MTLs).

Throw a price out at me. Let's get this show on the road.