Tama Starclassic Performer, Caramel Aurora

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put a order in for the 5 piece, two up and two down last night. There pre order so it will be a minute before I have them. I will post pictures ASAP for curious individuals. I was all in on the Shamrock Oyster and came across these which changed my mind.

Redbeard77

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I see they changed the Perfomers to a maple/birch shell. What sizes did you go with?

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see they changed the Perfomers to a maple/birch shell. What sizes did you go with?

7-inch x 10-inch rack tom
8-inch x 12-inch rack tom
12-inch x 14-inch floor tom
14-inch x 16-inch floor tom
16-inch x 22-inch bass drum

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I had no idea they had changed the shells. Maple/birch is a disappointment to me, since the performer has always been either birch or birch+something exotic (bubinga, walnut). I have no doubt these will sound great and look great, but the previous generations of SCP hold a special place in my heart (ears?). Enjoy your drums!

UptownShakedown

Reaction score
I had no idea they had changed the shells. Maple/birch is a disappointment to me, since the performer has always been either birch or birch+something exotic (bubinga, walnut). I have no doubt these will sound great and look great, but the previous generations of SCP hold a special place in my heart (ears?). Enjoy your drums!
Same, my favorite Tama kits have some bubinga in the mix. That stuff is getting hard to come by!

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand what you’re saying but I’m glad with the switch up. I have the other shell layups but not a maple/birch. I will miss the beautiful looking inner shell though.