Tama Superstar Classic Neo Mod $480 shipped!

CAMDRUMS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I bought this shell pack less than a year ago and have only used it a handful of times. I love the sizes - perfect for small rooms. I especially love the bass drum, which saves space on stage but delivers a deeper sound than smaller diameter bass drums. In fact I am replacing this with a similar kit in a different finish. $480 shipped to USA lower 48.

From Tama:

The Superstar Neo-Mod kit is vintage inspired while incorporating modern build technology. Thin, 100% Maple shell consist of 5mm, 6-ply for toms, floor toms and snare and 7mm, 8-ply for bass drum. The unique kit consists of a 10"x20" bass drum, 7"x12" tom, and 9"x14" floor tom with legs. The specialized 10" deep x 20" diameter bass drum delivers clear attack, punch and power, for a strong sound in a variety of playing situations as well as easy transport and set-up.
41247A62-811D-48C1-A37F-EAF7F315DA52.jpeg
FEE2C88D-DD64-4CBE-ACB8-249CDCFCE8EE.jpeg
DAEAE02A-891B-4250-8952-D7B519C61674.jpeg

Last edited:

PaulD

Reaction score
That seems like a ridiculous bargain for a great little kit.

kennyjofus

Reaction score
I just picked one of these up as well. Same sizes, but different finish. Just curious if you ever got any bags or cases for it. These sizes are pretty hard to track down.

CAMDRUMS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just picked one of these up as well. Same sizes, but different finish. Just curious if you ever got any bags or cases for it. These sizes are pretty hard to track down.
I had just been using standard depth bags. Even though the bass drum is only 10” deep, the spurs stick out a few inches past the shell unless you want to use a drum key to retract them every time you break it down. So a 14x20 bag works. I have heard Beato will do custom sized bags. I also hope that since Yamaha came out with a similar kit, if they develop bags they might work for the Neo Mod too.

CAMDRUMS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I had just been using standard depth bags. Even though the bass drum is only 10” deep, the spurs stick out a few inches past the shell unless you want to use a drum key to retract them every time you break it down. So a 14x20 bag works. I have heard Beato will do custom sized bags. I also hope that since Yamaha came out with a similar kit, if they develop bags they might work for the Neo Mod too.
I got curious and discovered that the two toms, a snare and my throne top all fit nicely in an Ogio Sled, which is pretty much the same thing as the Ahead Armor Hardware Sled with different trim.

Attachments

Latest posts