header.nohb.html

Tariff/Customs Info/Advice needed

j. bruno

Reaction score
Hey there, I am contemplating buying 2 drums from Switzerland and have tried to figure out what I will be charged for tariff without any luck. The drums cost is $1,200 and it's a decent deal for the 2 drums, but I don't want to get hit for hundreds more by surprise. Does anyone have recent experience/advice on purchasing from overseas? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

rwm5

Reaction score
^^ What @Tama CW said.

My Fibes kit that I just recently bought from Japan was at the full 6%. The shipping company will typically send you the invoice.

Polska

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drums are at 4.8% now but you have to mix in brokerage costs too as well as other customs fees. You'll need a broker unless the shipper is taking care of that for you

amosguy

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I ship to other countries, I mark USED MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS, NO COMMERCIAL VALUE on the Customs form. It seems to help when figuring customs value on the other end.

Also if the drum were originally Made In USA, state that was well. Not so much import tax value.

Drum Mer

DFO Master
Reaction score
When I ship to other countries, I mark USED MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS, NO COMMERCIAL VALUE on the Customs form. It seems to help when figuring customs value on the other end.

Also if the drum were originally Made In USA, state that was well. Not so much import tax value.
Unfortunately that doesn't fly anymore for most shippings I noticed (I ship & recieve monthly, and help out at a guitar shop that sells mostly globally).

If they find used/gift/rent out/no commercial value on a form, they will look online/in a guide and aadd the price themselves.

Its up to the receiver to proove that the tax he got was unjustified/too high.