Tascam Model 24

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've wanted to make my own demos, drum tracks, YouTube vids etc....
Being, I can hardly navigate any programs on a PC/laptop, let alone an interface, and DAW, I figured I'd pick one of these up. (Tascam Model 24). It's a 24 track board, recorder, interface, in one.
I figured I'd pick up a new laptop, mics and Abelton live, with hopes of getting that far.
I've had other Tascam portastudios before, but wow!
I can record 22 mics at once, it has a Bluetooth feature, if I want to record practice, with a click, covers, lessons, hacks..... I can now do all that.
What really surprised me so far, is how amazing the sound quality is, and how easy it is to use.
I posted a similar thread in the main forum, but I don't know if it was the right place? Idk If the members there already know how to mic, and record? Or just not interested?
I feel like a kid in a candy store.
Anytime I've been mic'd, or recorded, I've had a soundman, or engineer do it.
Anyway, I just thought I'd suggest checking this thing out.
It's cost effective, records pro tracks (w/out DAW).
It's also a great tool to improve my playing, as I'm my own biggest critic.
I never liked the way i sounded recorded!
It's a great feeling of accomplishment, and I've just scratched the surface.
When I'm away from my kit, my new "toys", are all I'm thinking about.
Once I'm comfortable with my recordings, I'll post a few to check out.
Definitely something to check out, if you're interested in making some pro tracks, learn or improve recording etc....
:)
20190731_130456.jpg

Attachments

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
There are now several videos on YouTube. It really is an amazing machine.
The quality of tracks are as good as any I've heard.
^
I was thinking more the video of your studio/equipment rather than an "official" Tascam product vid.
Either way, it looks like a great component for recording your kit/music.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
^
I was thinking more the video of your studio/equipment rather than an "official" Tascam product vid.
Either way, it looks like a great component for recording your kit/music.
I definitely will. At the very least, I'll post the audio track of a fully mic'd kit.
Next step, and hopefully it won't be too difficult, will be to sync the audio to a Gopro.
I'm hoping the software that comes with the Gopro will allow me to sync them?
If anyone knows how to sync up audio, and vid, that would be a huge help!

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I definitely will. At the very least, I'll post the audio track of a fully mic'd kit.
Next step, and hopefully it won't be too difficult, will be to sync the audio to a Gopro.
For $999 Tascsm should send a tech to your house for that!

(Joking!)

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Lol. No kidding. Add the mic's, laptop, and DAW, and they should send me my own producer, and engineer.
I don't know if I'd say I got lucky? However, I explained to GC what I wanted, and they sold me a $600 interface, than something else I couldn't use....on, and on...(they need to have pro audio guys, working in pro audio). By the time I was ready to take the task on, I realized I'd need a powerful Laptop, mics, DAW, learn how to use everything, and all that.
That wasn't happening lol.
I saw this Model 24, and went back to GC, and after explaining the situation, they sold the system to me for $380, after I got my $ back from the gear I couldn't use.
I had to go to corporate, and thankfully they hooked me up. I still got new microphones, Abelton, and a decent laptop for future use.
I understand the guys at GC don't make much $, but still, if you're given a job, know what you're doing, or learn.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
I've always just had to "eyeball" it in my video editing software by moving the audio track around manually until it syncs up to the video. Not really that difficult to do, especially if you "slate" it with something like an on camera clap or snare hit or other sharp sound at the very beginning.

I'm sure the pros have easier ways to do this but my various video cameras and my little Tascam recorder don't have SMPTE or other time code capabilities so I work with what I have.

That recorder looks very cool, just the sort of thing I'd buy and then never actually use (a habit I have).

Latest posts